KodiTips Forums

Issues with ipvanish

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Issues with ipvanish
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:17 am »
Successfully downloaded ipvanish. But it won't turn on. I rebooted the stick, and logged back into ipvanish, but it constantly says connecting and never connects. I emailed ipv directly but have yet to get a response.

You guys have any ideas on why this is happening?

My kodi is fully updated btw.

jimblazin

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with ipvanish
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:31:54 am »
Successfully downloaded ipvanish. But it won't turn on. I rebooted the stick, and logged back into ipvanish, but it constantly says connecting and never connects. I emailed ipv directly but have yet to get a response.

I've never used it with a firestick but your best bet is to wait for IPVanish to reply. When i used them they would reply within 24-48 hours.

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 10:31:59 am »

I've never used it with a firestick but your best bet is to wait for IPVanish to reply. When i used them they would reply within 24-48 hours.

Thank you.

Buzz Marshall

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:09:40 pm »
The ipvanish you downloaded... was it a client for the whole Android OS(in other words a Android apk) or are you talking about a VPN add-on for just Kodi?... normally Kodi inherits its network stack from the OS but it is possible to use a VPN addon from within Kodi which would just give Kodi the use of the tunnel...

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 12:15:07 am »
I believe the choices when downloading ipvanish are, windows, android, Linux etc.
On the fire tv and fire stick it can be run from the amazon home screen or within kodi under program addons.

Admin

• +26/-0
    • View Profile
    • Kodi Tips
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 10:23:23 am »
Yes, make sure you've downloaded IPVanish directly from the Amazon App Store (it's listed in there). Also, do you have the first Gen or second Gen stick?

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 09:11:40 am »
Yes, make sure you've downloaded IPVanish directly from the Amazon App Store (it's listed in there). Also, do you have the first Gen or second Gen stick?

It's a second gen. I know with first it doesn't work. And yes I downloaded directly from amazon apps. Still going back and forth with ipv help desk on the issue. They can't seem to figure it out as well.

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 02:07:04 pm »
have you gone into the firestick settings and checked your network?

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 10:03:48 pm »
Hi. I have Firestick 2nd gen. I've read the reviews on this site about issue. DO NOT install and/or give money to this company! I did my research first. I went on BBB & saw company has F rating! Numerous complaints from customers saying company not responding back, etc. They just take your money & you're left with the problem. People can look for themselves. I'm surprised KodiTips is advertising them on their site.

I use it on my desktop and 5 other devices running kodi and it works great

Waylane

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 06:27:55 am »
have you gone into the firestick settings and checked your network?

I have. And still nothing. I emailed them today and requested for stop payment. Since there's a 7 day grace period.

K4Me

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:19 am »
Ipvanish halted last night after what may have been an automatic update attempt. It would not connect or bring up a list of servers. The solution: uninstall Ipvanish from Google play and then reinstall (reenter logon credentials). It's working normally again.