KodiTips Forums

Loading Addons

bobmajor

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Loading Addons
« on: July 24, 2017, 12:11:42 pm »
I’ve just got an XGODY 17.1 Smart Android 7.1 Octa Core 4K TV BOX 2+16G Media Dual WIFI HDMI box. I’ve managed to do the initial setup and have got as far as getting an Internet connection. This is my first venture into Kodi and so am unfamiliar with much of the basic protocols, terminology etc. As I understand things however, to progress from where I am now I need to load various addons in order to view films, sports programs etc., and this is where I’ve hit a brick wall – all of the instructions I’ve seen on the Internet start off with something like “ Go to System Settings> Expert Mode > Addons” (or “Go to System > File Manager”). Try as I may, I can find no way of navigating into the system on my box – the instructions supplied with it (written in ‘Chinese English’) seem to imply that the only way to acquire features is by downloading apps in the form of.apk files. I’m sure there is a very straightforward answer to this issue (e.g. does the box need to be rooted?), but unfortunately I don’t have the necessary experience to resolve it! Can someone help please?

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Loading Addons
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:14:45 pm »
I’ve just got an XGODY 17.1 Smart Android 7.1 Octa Core 4K TV BOX 2+16G Media Dual WIFI HDMI box. I’ve managed to do the initial setup and have got as far as getting an Internet connection. This is my first venture into Kodi and so am unfamiliar with much of the basic protocols, terminology etc. As I understand things however, to progress from where I am now I need to load various addons in order to view films, sports programs etc., and this is where I’ve hit a brick wall – all of the instructions I’ve seen on the Internet start off with something like “ Go to System Settings> Expert Mode > Addons” (or “Go to System > File Manager”). Try as I may, I can find no way of navigating into the system on my box – the instructions supplied with it (written in ‘Chinese English’) seem to imply that the only way to acquire features is by downloading apps in the form of.apk files. I’m sure there is a very straightforward answer to this issue (e.g. does the box need to be rooted?), but unfortunately I don’t have the necessary experience to resolve it! Can someone help please?

first you will need to install kodi itself, if you havent already. www.kodi.tv/download . or you cna get it from the google app store.
Once you have done that the tutorial you see for instlaling addons are for use in the kodi app itself. The settings menu is in there. You should be able to follow the guides on www.koditips.com to get anything you need installed.

bobmajor

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Loading Addons
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 01:03:45 pm »
Many thanks for your help!!