KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Is it possiable

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Is it possiable
« on: March 07, 2018, 12:03:44 pm »
to convert a MI box to a wired connection? Someone said I could buy a usb hub with a Ethernet port and then plug MI box
into hub using usb then Ethernet cord in router.

It so anyone know which Hub I should get?  :-\ :-\ and confussed!!

Thanks

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possiable
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 03:24:27 pm »
yes it is possible.
i would recommend the adapter made my xiaomi
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEG26DM6351&Tpk=9SIAEG26DM6351

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possiable
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:57:28 pm »
yes it is possible.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEG26DM6351&Tpk=9SIAEG26DM6351
Thanks Hatrix! I did order one today it's made by UGREEN. I did some research and watched a video on YouTube about it. The person who made the video said that they got it just for the MI box. If it doesn't work then I order the one you mentioned. I don't know if my box is a 3 however I got it in September of 2017.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possiable UPDATED
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 12:11:02 pm »
yes it is possible.
Thanks Hatrix! I did order one today it's made by UGREEN. I did some research and watched a video on YouTube about it. The person who made the video said that they got it just for the MI box. If it doesn't work then I order the one you mentioned. I don't know if my box is a 3 however I got it in September of 2017.
Update: Well after I hard wired my MI box I actually think it's not as fast as my Wi-Fi. I think I may have purchased the wrong Ethernet cable. I got a cat5e, but think I needed to get a cat6. I got the cat5e because it was shorter and my box is  very close to my router. Soooo anyone think I may need a cat6 cable?

Krbauer

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possiable UPDATED
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 03:24:58 pm »
Cat5e cable should work at the same speed as a cat6. With the adaptor, you are limited to the speed of the usb port. I think the typical max sipped would come in at about 43MB/sec even though it is rated at 60MB/second . Someone correct me if I am wrong.
60MB/sec is equal to about 480Mb/s. You can google internet sipped test for kodi and add look a sipped test to see just what speed you are getting and then compare it to what you are supposed to be getting from your ISP. I would say if you are getting an average within 30% of the max speed, you are probably doing well.