KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Placenta not working / Breaking Kodi

Dgl0497

• +0/-0
  • Live high, Die Happy
    • View Profile
Placenta not working / Breaking Kodi
« on: March 09, 2018, 04:07:05 am »
Hi everyone,
So i was using placenta the other day (most recent version, 1.1.3 i think) that i had downloaded from the Blamo repo (1.1.2) and all of a sudden the screen when black, i backed out of the addon and the colour of my Kodi skin had darkened (Like when a phone goes into low power mode).
I decided to close Kodi and open it to see if it would sort itself but Kodi then refused to open, just showing this black screen instead.
I then decided to do a complete uninstall/ reinstall of Kodi, downloaded placenta again and i got the same problem.
Other Blamo addons are still working fine i was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem?
I can post a log if it would help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Placenta not working / Breaking Kodi
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 08:53:43 am »
Latest version of Placenta is 1.1.9.

Think the latest for the repo is V0.1.2

I'm having NO issues with it on Windows or Android. Maybe you should turn on debug and recreate the issue and paste the log to pastebin and link it here. I can't decipher a log but I'm sure someone here could look and maybe help you out.

You say you were using it. Was a video playing at the time? If so, not likely a Placenta problem as once the video is playing it's all Kodi.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:55:51 am by flhthemi »

RodgerB

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:58:07 am »
Working for me too, version 1.1.9. from Team Afterbirth. Load it from the TantrumTV repo....RB

Dgl0497

• +0/-0
  • Live high, Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 05:53:02 am »
Hi all,
I think it may of been a software issue on my android box as i checked and it had updated the day before i started to get issues.
I have factory reset it and not updated again and now everything is running fine again :)

Thanks for the help tho

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 09:06:21 am »
There was a problem with the script.module.placenta V1.2.6 update. Seems there was a '', left out on line 219 in the control.py file. This bug would cause Placenta to NOT load from a video addon list. It would run from within the Context, Information, option OPEN. Not everyone's system would fail, just some installs. That has been fixed in the update V1.2.7 and all should be fine now.