KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Been a while - what to do now?

MsJackieO

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Been a while - what to do now?
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:54 am »
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've needed Kodi help and in this time numerous sources have shut down and so I'm a bit lost with getting sorted.

| have an android 5x box with Krypton 17.3 (it was the latest build at the time). I installed Smash and Colossus and had just a couple of working video add-ons (Covenant and BoB) as 1080 Movies and 1 Channel didn't work, Gurzil closed down and I had no link to other sources. I didn't care as Covenant was my goto source. I only use Kodi for films/TV.

Things have slowly gotten worse but have been unable to update Smash because it too has bitten the dust and so I need your help please.

Here's what's happened in chronological order:
1. When all was ok: Loads of streams, with about 5-10 1080 and 4k streams leading the way, lots of streams including gvideo
2. Number of 1080 and 4k sources dropped - but still lots of 720 & SD streams
3. Still lots of streams but the choice had gone - now they were all primewire or watchmovies
4. Streams dwindled to just 2 or 3  - and always cmovies and estream - often not playing but returning: "no stream available' even for mega-popular shows & films
5. Most of the time the cmovies & estream TV streams would only pay the pilot no matter which episode you clicked on
6. This pask week, more streams show in searches but only ever one 1080, one 720,  and 99% are from the same source, ie: primewire
7. Very slow Kodi. Not just playing streams but also when searching for streams (that bit where you get the pop up asking you to pair your devices)

All this happened despite haaving 75mb DL and running VPN.

Does all this sound familiar? Is it due to the crackdown on streaming? What do I do now - where do I go - which repos and builds - do I upload to latest Krypton or is there a new build in town?

Thx
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:02:17 am by MsJackieO »

jacksuarez7

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Been a while - what to do now?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:19:41 am »
I'm currently using Placenta/Incursion (check out the how to from this website in order to install repos) and Supremacy. The first 2 are basically both Covenant forks and are quite similar - I use real debrid and notice that the number of non-debrid streams (certainly for 1080 content) have declined but should still be sufficient to watch most new release tv/movies in HD without a RD account. There are some stickied/regularly updated threads in the forum where experiences with other addons are discussed but I pretty much exclusively use the above

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've needed Kodi help and in this time numerous sources have shut down and so I'm a bit lost with getting sorted.

| have an android 5x box with Krypton 17.3 (it was the latest build at the time). I installed Smash and Colossus and had just a couple of working video add-ons (Covenant and BoB) as 1080 Movies and 1 Channel didn't work, Gurzil closed down and I had no link to other sources. I didn't care as Covenant was my goto source. I only use Kodi for films/TV.

Things have slowly gotten worse but have been unable to update Smash because it too has bitten the dust and so I need your help please.

Here's what's happened in chronological order:
1. When all was ok: Loads of streams, with about 5-10 1080 and 4k streams leading the way, lots of streams including gvideo
2. Number of 1080 and 4k sources dropped - but still lots of 720 & SD streams
3. Still lots of streams but the choice had gone - now they were all primewire or watchmovies
4. Streams dwindled to just 2 or 3  - and always cmovies and estream - often not playing but returning: "no stream available' even for mega-popular shows & films
5. Most of the time the cmovies & estream TV streams would only pay the pilot no matter which episode you clicked on
6. This pask week, more streams show in searches but only ever one 1080, one 720,  and 99% are from the same source, ie: primewire
7. Very slow Kodi. Not just playing streams but also when searching for streams (that bit where you get the pop up asking you to pair your devices)

All this happened despite haaving 75mb DL and running VPN.

Does all this sound familiar? Is it due to the crackdown on streaming? What do I do now - where do I go - which repos and builds - do I upload to latest Krypton or is there a new build in town?

Thx

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:04:45 pm »
From the sound of things you have got alot of outdated and obsolete stuff.
My recommendation would be to clear the data in kodi so it's a fresh start.

The first thing you should install is the BLAMO repo.
In there you will find Placenta which is a covenant fork and Deathstreams which is a SALTS fork.
Blamo is constantly updating and working on his addons.
Neptune Rising is also another addon in his repo which i believe is an Elysium fork.
Outside of BLAMO you shouldn't need much else but a few repos i would recommend and you can check out are:

Maverick
Supremacy
zerotolerance

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 12:16:37 pm »
First, I suggest upgrading to Krypton 17.6 for security reasons.

Second, uninstall Smash and Colossus repos and any others that have been shutdown; it is possible for unknown (and possibly malicious) entities taking them over.

Third, update URLResolver (latest is 5.0.10) and ResolveURL (5.0.09) directly from the github pages:
https://github.com/tvaddonsco/script.module.urlresolver
https://github.com/jsergio123/zips

You may also wish to try other Covenant forks (there are several listed/reviewed in this forum).  I still use only Covenant and have great success with search returns of hundreds of sources.  I know that Alluc is shutting down but I still get returns from them even now.  You should get an API from them if it is still possible.  I don't use any debrid, never have seen a need.  I have no issue with pairing; I use Openload all the time.

Good luck.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:25:25 pm »
With a little bit of googling I would bet you could find out about the Jen Addon Template and, with no coding knowledge, create your own custom addon!

OK this is Dabutcher and Blue - two of the best in my opinion at helping people with Kodi related stuff.

Now, if I were you and I was using V17.3, I would uninstall it and install 17.6 from the Playstore and start my stuff over updated and fresh. Blamo's repo will hook you up with all the stuff you need as already stated and it will also install new scrapers that are being used. You'll end up much better off in the long run particularly if you have managed to use some of the lame builds that are out there or if you have taken advise from some of the "youtubers" that consider themselves experts.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:31:46 pm by flhthemi »

MsJackieO

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 01:04:55 pm »
Hi guys,

I've updated to 17.6 (wrote over 17.3 rather than uninstall) and managed to get most of what you advised.

I've no idea how to insall github and can't find a URL for it to add as a source. I need help on this please because other add-ons, such as Exodus, also required github action.

Placenta, Incursion and Neptune Rising all installed and I am in heaven as they are Covenant forks - no other add-on matches it for layout, ease of use and categories.

Supremacy wouldn't install but I installed Skynet and found it was already included there so that's a result. I also found Maverick and Dogs Bollocks within Skynet too despite also installing them separately first.

However, to watch sports within Maverick I was informed by the add-on that I needed to install SportsDevil but when I agreed, it said installation failed What can I do?

Death Streams wouldn't install - a dependency failed to install. I'm not too bothered as I have several Covenant forks but I'd like to know what went wrong and how to fix it - especially as I got this error when trying to install other add-ons.

Zero Tolerance appeared to be a build not an add-on so I left it alone. I will look at Jen tomorrow.

KodiMaster

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 01:57:14 am »
Here is how to install SportsDevil that works: http://kodibeginner.com/install-sportsdevil-kodi/

DonaldS

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 11:16:03 am »
From the sound of things you have got alot of outdated and obsolete stuff.
My recommendation would be to clear the data in kodi so it's a fresh start.

The first thing you should install is the BLAMO repo.
In there you will find Placenta which is a covenant fork and Deathstreams which is a SALTS fork.
Blamo is constantly updating and working on his addons.
Neptune Rising is also another addon in his repo which i believe is an Elysium fork.
Outside of BLAMO you shouldn't need much else but a few repos i would recommend and you can check out are:

Maverick
Supremacy
zerotolerance

Ditto. Maverick Supremacy and ZT are cool addons with the best categories to find your favorite content.