KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Downloaded but no download!

MsJackieO

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Downloaded but no download!
« on: April 12, 2018, 10:17:37 am »
A few months ago I was having issues with slow Covenant streams so I was advised to DL the content. I enabled downloads and set them to DL onto my USB. Despite DL completing there is never anything on the USB. Neither can I find content when I DL to the android box itself.

Help?

jacksuarez7

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Downloaded but no download!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:16:01 am »
A few months ago I was having issues with slow Covenant streams so I was advised to DL the content. I enabled downloads and set them to DL onto my USB. Despite DL completing there is never anything on the USB. Neither can I find content when I DL to the android box itself.

Help?

Do you get a download progress popup? Sometimes the issue is with the filepath or perhaps the size of the file being downloaded (upper limit to the size of a file that a FAT32 formatted USB can accommodate).....

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:21:31 pm »
What OS are you using (Windows, Linux, etc.)?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 03:36:48 pm »
Usually with Android devices you can not use the EXTERNAL SD Card for direct writes from Kodi. So if you want a place to save it, unfortunately it'll more than likely have to be to the internal sd memory OR a network device with a properly shared drive or a NAS device.

So, basically, if you're trying to save the downloads from an addon in Kodi to your external USB, you can't. This is one of the many reasons I quit using Android devices. I don't have these limitations on my Windows based HTPCs, which BTW, cost me less than top of the line Android boxes and I have SSDs in them for some nice speed.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:39:38 pm by flhthemi »

MsJackieO

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 04:26:21 pm »
Hi uys,

Here are the answers to your posts and questions :)

I got a status pop-up, in 10% increments, every 10 seconds or so.

The streams were <1gb (I only watch SD or 720p) and the USB was 16gb.

As it's an android Mbox I have no idea what the OS is.

I changed the destination from USB to 'movies' and also DCIM' on the internal storage but no joy.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 09:24:38 am »
Hi uys,

Here are the answers to your posts and questions :)

I got a status pop-up, in 10% increments, every 10 seconds or so.

The streams were <1gb (I only watch SD or 720p) and the USB was 16gb.

As it's an android Mbox I have no idea what the OS is.

I changed the destination from USB to 'movies' and also DCIM' on the internal storage but no joy.

You said in another post "I have an android 5x box". Open your Box's System Settings and look for ABOUT, click it and you should see a lot of info about your OS. Android IS your OS. The Version of Android is probably some version of 5.

Unless there is something wrong with your internal memory (I doubt that) you're doing something wrong setting up those download locations. Probably would be a good idea to have a friend who has at least a good basic knowledge of Android help you get it right.

MsJackieO

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 05:30:42 pm »
Unless there is something wrong with your internal memory (I doubt that) you're doing something wrong setting up those download locations.
To be fair, what can I do wrong when I'm asked to choose a destination folder from a selection available - just like I do when saving something to my PC?

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 07:55:06 pm »
Kodi is not Android friendly in many respects, writing to external memory is one of them.  You might try reading this post in the Kodi forum and, as flhthemi says, get some help from someone with good knowledge of Android.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 11:29:57 am »
Unless there is something wrong with your internal memory (I doubt that) you're doing something wrong setting up those download locations.
To be fair, what can I do wrong when I'm asked to choose a destination folder from a selection available - just like I do when saving something to my PC?

Well from manufacturer to manufacturer internal or external memory is referenced in numerous ways. Seems there is no "standard" for giving it just one name on a system either. SD_card, ext_sdcard, 0 (zero) and now just a bunch of numbers can be the external sd card! You have to go there by a correct path. Any one of which can be correct or all can be correct. It's a permissions thing with Android NOT Kodi. Like I said, I got rid of ALL my Android boxes. Too many damn issues for ME. I know Windows because I've been using it since it's inception (Yeah I'm an old guy 67). Cut my PC teeth on MS DOS! I used to program in dBase! Screw Android, before you know it you won't be able to run Kodi on V5.0, which already happened to people with Android 4.X not being able to run Kodi Krypton V17.X! My bet is, I'll always be able to run Kodi on Windows as it keeps updating with the times, as does Kodi and I can write what I want to, where I want to write it!

So, Android is fine for those that want to use it, I don't mean to sound as if I'm bashing it. It's just not for ME and apparently you're not having much luck with it either. Just sayin', roll with something you know how to use or learn about what you're stuck with. :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:36:02 am by flhthemi »