KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Primewire difficulties

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Primewire difficulties
« on: May 04, 2018, 10:36:16 am »
Hi I am running Kodi 16. 1 Jarvis on My Gica Android box. I installed Primewire verion 4.0.06, author k313vra, from the Kodi Bae Repository. Primewire has not be working properly since I installed it. Movies or TV shows are not being updated and when I try to open up a movie/TV show an error message "Link Resolved Failed No Video Found". At times I also get url error messages indicating " Failed to connect to URL" I am currently using the custom domain url.. http//primewire.is. I have tried uninstalling Primewire and installing again but same issues persist.
Prior to installing this version of Primewire I had installed Primewire FIX and this was working fine for a while until that version started to act up so installed version 4.0.06.

I have limited experience and have been trying to learn .

Can anyone help me out please??

Thanks

Sam

RodgerB

• +31/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Primewire difficulties
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 10:49:21 am »
Primewire, for me, hasn't worked for a long time. Try Flixnet, found in the JesusBox Repo. RB

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:08:43 pm »
the primewire addon hasnt been updated or maintained in a long time. the kodibae repo basically just hosts the old addon files.
Also as far as i can remember the primewire website has had issues lately.
i would recommend switching over to one of the newer video addons that is still maintained and updated.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 08:26:44 pm »
Also Jarvis is pretty old...if your box is Android 5.0 or higher you could be using Kodi V17.6 Krypton and be up to date and have much better chances of things working. Most new addons might even need it to function properly.

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 11:24:10 am »
Primewire, for me, hasn't worked for a long time. Try Flixnet, found in the JesusBox Repo. RB

Thanks Very much!! 

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:25:31 am »
Also Jarvis is pretty old...if your box is Android 5.0 or higher you could be using Kodi V17.6 Krypton and be up to date and have much better chances of things working. Most new addons might even need it to function properly.

Thanks very much!

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 02:19:32 pm »

I did install Flixnet in Kodi 16.1 but I get a Flixnet Error asking me to check the log..

Not sure how to do this or how to fix the error.

would appreciate any help you can give me

RodgerB

• +31/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 12:57:53 pm »
Can u use 17.6 ? It may help...RB

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 01:56:03 pm »
No I havent since I undestand you need at least a 5.0 and up android boc to upgrade to 17.6. My box is only a 4.4 kitkat

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 02:11:20 pm »
No I havent since I undestand you need at least a 5.0 and up android boc to upgrade to 17.6. My box is only a 4.4 kitkat
there are kodi forks which can be installed on 4.4.
you should look into MyGica,

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 09:30:50 pm »
I have a MYgica

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 09:29:14 am »

A fork of Kodi for Mygica.

https://www.kodivpn.co/best-kodi-forks/#4

https://dimitrology.com/sdm_downloads/mygica-media-center-kodi-17-android-4-4/

I would reccomend NOT using any "Build". Just get the app, install it and see how it does. Builds usually include a whole lot of extra worthless outdated addons that will cause you more trouble than they are worth. So if you just install it you'll have a much better idea of how well the kodi fork actually does work.

Get Mr Blamo's repo (repository.blamo-0.1.3.zip) and install from zip and setup Placenta and/or Death Streams. If you ever used the addon SALTS and liked it you'll probably like Death Streams.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:36:44 am by flhthemi »

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 11:53:20 am »
Thanks Hatrix..I am not quite clear about Forks?? Would I need to uninsatll Kodi 16.1 jarvice before I install the Forks you indicated ? what is the difference from the first fork for Kodi for mygican and the second attachement dimitrology.

I very much appreaciate your help.

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 12:14:07 pm »
Thanks Hatrix..I am not quite clear about Forks?? Would I need to uninsatll Kodi 16.1 jarvice before I install the Forks you indicated ? what is the difference from the first fork for Kodi for mygican and the second attachement dimitrology.

I very much appreaciate your help.
forks are just an alternate version that has been changed up slightly but still run on the same base.
you can install it without removing your other kodi install. I think Dimi just gave you multiple links to cover the information you might need.

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 01:00:50 pm »
I reviewed the links from Dimi but found then a little confusing..I found this video and wondering what you think.

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2018, 02:27:44 pm »
I reviewed the links from Dimi but found then a little confusing..I found this video and wondering what you think.

best bet is to go to this link  https://dimitrology.com/sdm_downloads/mygica-media-center-kodi-17-android-4-4/
and download and install a verified copy of mygica, once you start it up it will perform identical to regular kodi. so you can go through the usual add sources and repos steps.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 05:20:51 pm »
Ok so I have an old Ugoos UT2 RK3188 chip device. I downloaded the http://www.mediafire.com/file/udrirfp02az2abu/mygicaMediaCenter2017413_sign.apk file and installed the apk and it works fine. Matter of fact I'm impressed. Has not crashed or had a problem yet.

Installed:
Blamo's Repo
Death Streams

From the Silvo Repo
Aeon Nox Silvo V6.0.13

So far so good....

Just download it then use your file manager to go to it and install it then setup kodi

Aaradhya

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 05:52:32 am »
Here i found interesting and very happy to join this community website

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 02:40:54 pm »

best bet is to go to this link  https://dimitrology.com/sdm_downloads/mygica-media-center-kodi-17-android-4-4/
and download and install a verified copy of mygica, once you start it up it will perform identical to regular kodi. so you can go through the usual add sources and repos steps.

Hatrix what I am not  sure  is how would I download this link from my actual android box. And after I download what are the next steps??? Will it prompt me as what I need to do to complete the install? Sorry for the bother Hatrix but your help is greatly appreaciated. Thanks

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2018, 06:20:27 pm »
if your device is android based, which im sure it is, you should be able to download the apk from that link with the built in browser (chrome).

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 11:56:20 am »
Thanks Hatrix I finally was able to download and I am now working on installing addons.  I need find a video on how to install the addons since Kodi 17 fork is different from the Jarvis 16.1. Anyways thanks for all your help very much appreciated.

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 03:21:36 pm »
Hi Hatrix.. Running into a few problems in trying to install addons   for the Kodi fork on the MyGica media center. The first issue is there is no Addon Button in the main page . Also when I try to install addons I am getting a Unable to Connect Error." Could'nt retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected". I downloaded this app from url provided by Dimitri.  Any suggestions how i can fix these issues. 

thanks

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 04:01:58 pm »
Hi Hatrix.. Running into a few problems in trying to install addons   for the Kodi fork on the MyGica media center. The first issue is there is no Addon Button in the main page . Also when I try to install addons I am getting a Unable to Connect Error." Could'nt retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected". I downloaded this app from url provided by Dimitri.  Any suggestions how i can fix these issues. 

thanks
What repo/addon are you attempting to install? Have you enabled unknown sources? I haven't used mygica myself so I'll have to look into it.

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 05:57:33 pm »
I tried adding Fusion, SuperRepo and the one you recommended Mr.Blamos repo. I do see unknown sources if thats what you mean  enabled? I figured out the problen  the addon button.

Thanks

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2018, 08:59:37 pm »
Yes unkown sources is enabled.

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2018, 09:28:44 pm »
I would advise against using fusion and superepo. Super has alot of outdated and unmaintained stuff.
I would check out the ones below as they all have quality stuff and are updated:
Maverick repo
Supremacy
Illuminati
Androidbboy

For other currently updated and working addons check out kodi https://kodiapps.com/addons-chart

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 11:46:57 am »
Thanks ..Yes I finally figured out there was a a problem with those repos.  I did manage to get  some good ones installed. Thanks again for all your help.  When selecting add ons do I need to stipulate its is Kodi 17 fork or can I just select Kodi 17?

flhthemi

• +20/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 03:30:23 pm »
Thanks ..Yes I finally figured out there was a a problem with those repos.  I did manage to get  some good ones installed. Thanks again for all your help.  When selecting add ons do I need to stipulate its is Kodi 17 fork or can I just select Kodi 17?

There is NO option to do that in Kodi. Just try it and see if it works. After all it is Kodi 17. It works exactly the same as if you had obtained it from Kodi.tv. BTW, most sites that have a list of addons as long as your arm you might shy away from. They are not trustworthy and some addons might be there that can do some serious damage to your device. Like using it for bit coin mining. Three sites I would definitely not use are SuperRepo, tvaddons.co AKA fusion and a git repo known as Kodil.

Watch out for some rather dodgy youtubers too! Not ALL of them are reputable.
Dabutcher is one that you can consider having reliable info and some very good video how to's!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:39:14 pm by flhthemi »

silveradoltz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 09:26:08 pm »
Thanks Hatrix for the info...I did install Neptune Rising dont  know if you heard of it...Also I notice it takes a while (10-15 seconds)sometime to load a movie regardless which addon Im using. Have you experienced that as well?  I had Indigo installed in my olderversion of Kodi. Would you suggest I install on Kodi 17 as well.

hatrix

• +34/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 12:06:28 pm »
Thanks Hatrix for the info...I did install Neptune Rising dont  know if you heard of it...Also I notice it takes a while (10-15 seconds)sometime to load a movie regardless which addon Im using. Have you experienced that as well?  I had Indigo installed in my olderversion of Kodi. Would you suggest I install on Kodi 17 as well.
No, indigo is unecessary and garbage now. the time it is taking to load is most likely due to the fact your are on older hardware/software.