KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

How to setup live TV in Kodi

KodiMaster

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
How to setup live TV in Kodi
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:21:45 pm »
Hi,

Good tutorial explaining how to setup live TV using the PVR IPTV simple client and uploading M3U playlist.
Easy to setup and works great ;D

Here is the link to the tutorial: http://kodibeginner.com/setup-pvr-iptv-simple-client-kodi

RodgerB

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
Re: How to setup live TV in Kodi
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:27 am »
This is fine if you have a dependable m3u list. Note: dependable m3u lists don't exist..RB

KodiMaster

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:52 am »
This is fine if you have a dependable m3u list. Note: dependable m3u lists don't exist..RB

I have my own M3U playlist which I created and it is not dependable in any way, but still work great in Kodi.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:06:28 am by KodiMaster »

RodgerB

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:39 pm »
Care to share it with the forum? RB

KodiMaster

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 06:06:26 am »
Care to share it with the forum? RB

You can type in Google "m3u playlist" and you will find ton of free playlists.
Choose the one like according to your country and favorites.
As I wrote you can also create your own playlist based on the M3U format.

RodgerB

• +30/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 08:33:57 am »
Been there done that, searching for m3u lists leads to all kinds of unwanted bloatware, cookies and bad stuff....I would not recommend searching for m3u list. I list a bunch on my m3u list thread, but other than that......RB

KodiMaster

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 02:43:34 pm »
Been there done that, searching for m3u lists leads to all kinds of unwanted bloatware, cookies and bad stuff....I would not recommend searching for m3u list. I list a bunch on my m3u list thread, but other than that......RB

In the tutorial you can find an example for good M3U playlist.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:07:39 am by KodiMaster »

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 11:41:09 am »
I use a stand-alone IPTV Windows 10 app because Kodi uses too many resources on my pc to run as much as I watch.  As for a good m3u list, I use Fluxus IPTV.  It is a very stable list that is well maintained and constantly updated/improved.  Not all links work, but most do and most are stable.  I also find that using the additional qualifier "site:pastebin.com" and limiting search results to the past week or month returns better links when searching for m3u files using Google.  You can pick and choose which m3u8 links you like to create your own list and store on pastebin for public or private access, but it is a lot of work to maintain.

Jaded

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:20:50 pm »
I use a stand-alone IPTV Windows 10 app because Kodi uses too many resources on my pc to run as much as I watch.  As for a good m3u list, I use Fluxus IPTV.  It is a very stable list that is well maintained and constantly updated/improved.  Not all links work, but most do and most are stable.  I also find that using the additional qualifier "site:pastebin.com" and limiting search results to the past week or month returns better links when searching for m3u files using Google.  You can pick and choose which m3u8 links you like to create your own list and store on pastebin for public or private access, but it is a lot of work to maintain.

Can you recommend a stand-alone IPTV Windows 10 app?

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 06:20:46 pm »

I usually use SimpleStream though it is not the best - it does not store favorites and allows for only three lists - but its GUI displays the channel logos large enough for my tired eyes to see easily.  If you want something better, you might try MyIPTV Player, which offers more features (including EPG, but won't work with Fluxus because they do not have the tvg-id and tvg-name fields populated) or Free TV Player, which allows you to share m3u lists with others and use their lists, but it also has (slightly annoying) in app ads.

Jaded

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 07:40:40 pm »

I usually use SimpleStream though it is not the best - it does not store favorites and allows for only three lists - but its GUI displays the channel logos large enough for my tired eyes to see easily.  If you want something better, you might try MyIPTV Player, which offers more features (including EPG, but won't work with Fluxus because they do not have the tvg-id and tvg-name fields populated) or Free TV Player, which allows you to share m3u lists with others and use their lists, but it also has (slightly annoying) in app ads.

Thx for the reply. So I was curious about this because you mention using the win app was easier on your computer's resources but after testing it I saw that for me it used about the same CPU (about 40-50% on Win 10 while streaming...although some channels 1/2 that or less) as did streaming the same Fluxus list on Live stream Pro with Kodi. The advantage to LS Pro is you can add as many sources as you want and it also play in true full screen mod with out that space at the bottom that Simple stream causes so I decided to stick with Kodi with LS Pro.

KodiMaster

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 06:36:46 am »
There are some good M3U links in the tutorial.
I use them and enjoy excellent live channels :)