KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Firestick reset

dada

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Firestick reset
« on: May 31, 2018, 09:19:44 am »
For the last two days something weird has happened with my Firestick. Tuesday, I turned it on, it asked me to select a language, register my device, etc....full reset. Once I did all of that...all of my apk's and Kodi were missing from the home page. I went to Settings>Application>Manage Installed Apps.....and they were all there and I launched from there...everything was fine. Last night I got home....it did it again...everything was wiped....ES Filefolded, Downloader, FirdeDL, IpVanish...APK's, Kodi...all gone. I had to start from scratch. Everything was fine this morning. Anyone know would could be the issue?

dada

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Firestick reset
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 02:03:56 pm »
I think I have a possible reason....I Could be way off. Could it be overheating? Before I had it on another television and it got power via USB from the Television. I moved it to the bedroom and I have to plug it in to the power socket....could that cause it to overheat being plugged in even when I'm not using it? I'm just guessing here.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Firestick reset
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:25:07 am »
I've read that the Power Supply that comes with it might not be strong enough, not enough current. I think it's rated for 1 amp and the FS needs more than that. So if you have USB type wall plug for a phone look at it and read what the OUTPUT in a amps or milliamps. 2.0 or 2.1 probably will take care of the issue. Just hook it up and let it run for a while see how it does.

I had the same issue with a Tronsmart T428 Android stick. Not enough amps...used a 2.1 amp on it and boy did it make a difference.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:39:34 am by flhthemi »