KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

VPN IPVanish No-Logging VPN Led Homeland Security to Comcast User

mikegerrard

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
IPVanish, a VPN provider that for years claimed a strict no-logging policy, led Homeland Security to a suspect using a Comcast IP address, court papers filed in 2016 reveal. StackPath, the new operator of IPVanish, informs TorrentFreak that they wonít speak on behalf of the former team who have long since left the company. Assurances of security have been promised for the future, however. On May 4, 2016, Scott Sikes, a Special Agent with the Department of Homeland Security, was engaged in a child abuse investigation.

Source: Torrent Freak

First, it was HMA then PureVPN was dragged and now IPVanish.
IPVanish has also released the official statement on this issue here at Blog.
I read the HMA statement as well on their blog and PureVPNís official release on their VPN Logging Issue as well.

IPVanish is the latest high-profile VPN to have provided information to the authorities after earlier claiming security for their users. Back in 2011, HideMyAss handed over information that would help to jail LulzSec hacker Cody Kretsinger. Last year it was revealed that PureVPN helped the FBI catch a cyberstalker.

RodgerB

• +32/-7
    • View Profile
Re: VPN IPVanish No-Logging VPN Led Homeland Security to Comcast User
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 02:30:06 pm »
Just as I suspected, even though the IP Vanish page has the Qualys logo at the bottom, it seems to have nothing to do with Qualys...Why is Stackpath touting CDN customer count ?, because the heavily restricted Canadians are turning to VPNs whether helpful or not. I recently tested a VPN and I found no difference on content available with or without....RB

clayvligon

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: VPN IPVanish No-Logging VPN Led Homeland Security to Comcast User
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:52:40 am »
I have tried PureVPN after all the negative reviews it was surrounded with. So far it hasn't let me down!