KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Netflix Kodi addon

K4Me

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Netflix Kodi addon
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:19:44 pm »
KODI Tips just announced a new addon, https://koditips.com/netflix-kodi-addon/, but it does not state the resolutions supported. i.e., SD, HD, or 4K. Has anyone tried it out or know? This could be a useful addon when I upgrade to Kodi 18.

RodgerB

• +31/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix Kodi addon
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 11:45:55 am »
And guess what, Netflix is not free, does this not defeat the whole purpose?...RB

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:06:49 pm »
As I see it, it would be a convenience to have a Netflix addon. Sure it's a paid thing but since you have Kodi loaded it would save you having to start something else to view Netflix. I would use it if I liked Netflix and had an account.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 12:41:17 pm »
As far as the resolutions supported, I don't believe this to be a function of the addon, but with your internet connection, computer hardware and the Kodi media player which supports 4K.  Like any addon, this just connects Kodi to the stream, so if it is a 4K stream you get 4K resolution.  If I am mistaken please correct me.

K4Me

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 10:59:24 am »
As far as the resolutions supported, I don't believe this to be a function of the addon, but with your internet connection, computer hardware and the Kodi media player which supports 4K.  Like any addon, this just connects Kodi to the stream, so if it is a 4K stream you get 4K resolution.  If I am mistaken please correct me.
Netflix is very restrictive on what facilities it will allow to display HD and 4K streams. That is why most media streamers are limited to SD streams. Devices like A4TV, Nvidia Shield, and Xiaomi Mi with the appropriate Widevine Level 1 DRM certificate can do 4K.

The announcement for this addon suggests that the Level 1 certificate is required, so 4K may be possible. This will be a great boost for all the non certified media streamers.