KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Lambda Scrapers

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Lambda Scrapers
« on: October 10, 2018, 03:41:57 pm »
The Kodi Tips info on adding Lambda Scrapers to any addon is a problem for me. Need to edit an file in
'script.module.incursion' called sources.py. I do not have that script in my addon_data folder.

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Lambda Scrapers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:21 pm »
It is not in the "addons_data" folder, but in the "addons" folder which is two levels up in the "Kodi" folder.

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 12:23:20 am »
I currently only have access to the files in the Profile Directory. I access thru my IP address \\10.0.0.3 for example.
How do I access the Home Directory files in Windows 10?

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 01:54:57 pm »
In the Cortana Search Box or in File Explorer location bar type %APPDATA%\kodi\addons then press <Enter>

Use a good text editor to edit the sources.py module and the settings.xml file (I use Notepad++).

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 06:00:54 pm »
Entered data in Cortina search got no results found. KODI is not in the %APPDATA% folder

Also tried c:\Program Files\WindowsApps but did not have authorization to read the WindowsApps folder.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:14:00 pm by 1sikguy »

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:19 pm »
Entered data in Cortina search got no results found. KODI is not in the %APPDATA% folder

Open File explorer and enter the following path substituting your username in the address bar:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

If not there then you'll have to find it, this is the default location.

There is a lot more to the installation of the LambdaScrapers than the KodiTips article states.  I will post the full instructions shortly.  I have installed it on both Covenant and Incursion and the scrapers work very well returning plenty of HD and SD links.

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 12:32:14 am »
Again... the KODI folder is not in    C:\Users\Mark Silverstein\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

broknsymetry

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 05:59:22 am »
Again... the KODI folder is not in    C:\Users\Mark Silverstein\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

In the OP you stated that you did not have the sources.py file in the addon_data folder, which means that you must be able to navigate to that folder.  The addon_data folder is contained in a folder called userdata which in turn is in the kodi folder.  If you can get to the addon_data folder then you must be able to navigate to the kodi folder.

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 09:37:20 am »
If Kodi was installed from the Windows Store it would be different path

Windows Store: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
NOT from Windows Store: %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 10:49:06 am »
What I failed to tell you guys is my setup. My KODI is installed on a Linux HTPC which is totally separate from
my Windows 10 PC.  They are connected to each other via my LAN network. The KODI files were never installed on the Windows PC. That is why we can't find them. On my LAN network, the KODI box is identified by my router as it's IP
address (\10.0.0.3). On windows, I can access KODI files by this IP address, but I only see the Profile Directory files.
I'll ask my Network friend how I can access the Home Directory files.

Sorry I didn't tell you this earlier..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:35:42 am by 1sikguy »