KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Lambda Scrapers

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Lambda Scrapers
« on: October 10, 2018, 03:41:57 pm »
The Kodi Tips info on adding Lambda Scrapers to any addon is a problem for me. Need to edit an file in
'script.module.incursion' called sources.py. I do not have that script in my addon_data folder.

broknsymetry

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Lambda Scrapers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:21 pm »
It is not in the "addons_data" folder, but in the "addons" folder which is two levels up in the "Kodi" folder.

broknsymetry

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:54:57 pm »
In the Cortana Search Box or in File Explorer location bar type %APPDATA%\kodi\addons then press <Enter>

Use a good text editor to edit the sources.py module and the settings.xml file (I use Notepad++).

broknsymetry

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:19 pm »
Entered data in Cortina search got no results found. KODI is not in the %APPDATA% folder

Open File explorer and enter the following path substituting your username in the address bar:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

If not there then you'll have to find it, this is the default location.

There is a lot more to the installation of the LambdaScrapers than the KodiTips article states.  I will post the full instructions shortly.  I have installed it on both Covenant and Incursion and the scrapers work very well returning plenty of HD and SD links.

broknsymetry

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 05:59:22 am »
Again... the KODI folder is not in    C:\Users\Mark Silverstein\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

In the OP you stated that you did not have the sources.py file in the addon_data folder, which means that you must be able to navigate to that folder.  The addon_data folder is contained in a folder called userdata which in turn is in the kodi folder.  If you can get to the addon_data folder then you must be able to navigate to the kodi folder.

flhthemi

• +22/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 09:37:20 am »
If Kodi was installed from the Windows Store it would be different path

Windows Store: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\
NOT from Windows Store: %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata