KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Civitas Scraper Repo Link Dead

Civitas Scraper Repo Link Dead
« on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:45 am »
Hi all - I loved adding the Lamda scrapers to a couple of old addons to avoid some menu overhauls and some mods of the addons itself. After learning that Lamda is gone  :-[ and that Civitas is here to stay  :) - hopefully - I wanted to do the same. AFter reading the post https://koditips.com/civitas-scrapers-kodi/ - I tried clicking the civitas repo link but the url of the old IAC lamda project is dead. Since there is no "script.module.civitasscrapers" from the 13 clown citivas scraper install, i figured I needed the new vers from the Citivas Repo. Any help would be appreciated!

flhthemi

• +21/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Civitas Scraper Repo Link Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 08:55:31 am »

The link below will directly download the civitas module. You can install it from Kodi "Install from zip" option in the addon manager.

You could also just install 13clowns and the module will install as a dependency. If you don't want 13clowns you could then uninstall it and the module will remain behind (Kodi V17.X). Kodi 18 I think gives you the option to keep it if you uninstall 13clowns. But you could just copy the script.module.civitasscrapers to a safe place do the uninstall and then move it back to your kodi addon folder if it gets removed. You also need to make sure script.module.beautifulsoup4 remains or is already there as it is a dependency of the civitas scraper.

Additionally you will also need to keep 13clowns repo to keep the scraper up to date. You could also use 13clowns repo to install the Civitas repo then uninstall 13clowns repo if you didn't want to keep it.

Simplest way...install 13clowns repo and install 13clowns.

https://github.com/13Clowns/_scrapers/raw/master/script.module.civitasscrapers/script.module.civitasscrapers-0.0.2.4.zip
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 09:16:52 am by flhthemi »

Re: Civitas Scraper Repo Link Dead
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 06:02:49 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. I did install 13 repo and 13 Addon but didn't see the script.module.civitasscrapers that I did for the lambascrapers when I completed that mod. I may have missed it tho when browsing for it... I do tend to look for things like a dolt. Thanks for the link, I'll post back with some results... Here's to the weekend!