KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Yoda film thumbnails not showing (Leia 18.1/Nvidia Shield)

jacksuarez7

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Yoda film thumbnails not showing (Leia 18.1/Nvidia Shield)
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:33:12 am »
Hi,

Strange issue that I wonder if someone might be able to assist with....using Yoda with Leia 18.1/Nvidia Shield and have my trakt account authorised. Had an annoying (but not fatal) issue I think since I updated to Leia (but I can't be sure) where the thumbnails for the films in my Trakt lists don't show. Thumbnails are there for my TV show lists and there are movie thumbnails if I just browse Yoda (look at the 'people watching' section for instance) - anyone got any thoughts? I will try deleting the cached thumbnails and the relevant textures13 database file to see if that will help but I can't imagine it will as the issue only occurs on films in my lists....bizarre - has anyone else come across this?

jacksuarez7

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Yoda film thumbnails not showing (Leia 18.1/Nvidia Shield)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 07:00:58 am »
By way of update (to myself possibly) I entered in my own API key for both fanart.tv and tmdb which fixed the missing artwork for some but not all of my trakt list......funnily enough on addons like 13Clowns the artwork is all there....not sure why it's a Yoda issue. Hope it's fixed soon

flhthemi

• +21/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 09:26:31 am »
Have you tried clearing All Caches and then clearing the Provider cache separate as it doesn't clear with the All Cache option.

Open Yoda
Tools
Clear All Cache
Clear Providers

This fixes it for me when my Yoda widgets don't display cover art.

BTW - Yoda has had an update that changed the name from Yoda to yoda. This was due to a rumor that Kodi 18 has an issue working properly with addons that use upper case letters in their name.

Also note it is recommended to clear these caches each time there is an update and you may even need to re-authorize Trakt.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:28:10 am by flhthemi »

jacksuarez7

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 09:50:08 am »
Thanks for the steer - that was my first attempt at resolving the issue but it didn't seem to work....saw that about the new iteration of Yoda....must admit that initially I thought it was odd as it came when I was installing the Boom repo and I mistakenly attributed the uninstall Yoda addon to it! I have seen the reasoning behind it but couldn't say which version I am using (I was using Yoda last night and it didn't need a trakt re-auth but perhaps it's the old version that I'm on). Hopefully this or a future update will resolve the few small niggles (playback resume not working) that have occurred since I updated to Leia....