KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

New Exodus Redux update (03/09) does not offer TV

1sikguy

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
New Exodus Redux update (03/09) does not offer TV
« on: March 09, 2019, 07:13:10 pm »
Exodus Redux is not dead! they put out an update, today 03/09.  It includes:

1. Lambda scrapers is no longer used or supported. Exorus Redux now uses Openscrapers. which has to be installed
    seperately via zip file at     https://github.com/a4k-openproject/script.module.openscrapers

2. Also installed Torrent support for Real-Debrid thru settings. Needed to re-install most of the settings.

3. Be sure to clear Providers (via the setings) after changing from Lambda to Openscrapers.

4. Finally, and the reason for this post is in the info line, it says 'No Live TV/Collections'. In the accounts field of the
    settings, there is s TVDB USER field. Even after I added my user data, I cannot access ANY TV information from the
    addon.

Can anyone provide any feedback on this No TV issue with Exodus Redux??
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:15:48 pm by 1sikguy »

RodgerB

• +38/-7
    • View Profile
Re: New Exodus Redux update (03/09) does not offer TV
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 08:55:14 pm »
Stick to Exodus Redux 1.0.7 loaded from Vectordroid url....It works and hasn't been updated...The other non Lambda version is thought to be TVA....RB

flhthemi

• +22/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 11:25:06 am »
Exodus Redux is not dead! they put out an update, today 03/09.  It includes:

1. Lambda scrapers is no longer used or supported. Exorus Redux now uses Openscrapers. which has to be installed
    seperately via zip file at     https://github.com/a4k-openproject/script.module.openscrapers

2. Also installed Torrent support for Real-Debrid thru settings. Needed to re-install most of the settings.

3. Be sure to clear Providers (via the setings) after changing from Lambda to Openscrapers.

4. Finally, and the reason for this post is in the info line, it says 'No Live TV/Collections'. In the accounts field of the
    settings, there is s TVDB USER field. Even after I added my user data, I cannot access ANY TV information from the
    addon.

Can anyone provide any feedback on this No TV issue with Exodus Redux??

Most of the addons use Trakt for TV and movie lists. Not for the cover art and not for the descriptions but for the lists of TV Shows and movies. The new version is returning TV info, cover art and info for me. Maybe you need to authorize trakt, you'll need a trakt account for that if you don't have one already.

What it no longer has is MY personal trakt lists..My TV and My Movies has been removed for whatever reason(s). If it doesn't return to the addon within a few more updates I'll be removing it from my Kodi installs as it is a very valued option to ME.

johnnylager

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 05:39:04 pm »
I think the No Live TV/Collections was a bit of a pop at 13 clowns.

flhthemi

• +22/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 09:40:06 am »
I found and fixed this problem!!

The new update required all the settings to be installed again. In the TVDB field, the old version asked for the API key.
The setting in the new version says TVDB USER. where I plugged in my TVDB userid.
This time I left that TVDB USER setting BLANK, and now everything is working perfectly!

We are talking about the Redux version..not Exodus and not Exodus 8.X...

If I remember correctly I used API keys for everything. Not user ID.

EDIT
Well don't I feel stupid. I just found this at koditips.com. I knew from other addons that this option needed to be set. Thing is when I 1st installed Exodus Redux 2.01 I either missed it (probably) or it just wasn't there (I doubt that).

Anyway, for those that are as dumb as I am:

Missing My Lists in Exodus Redux (Trakt)
If you are missing your My Lists; which are your specialty playlists pulled from Trakt, you need to follow these instructions:

Launch the Exodus Redux Addon
Click on Tools
Click on SETTINGS: General
In the General tab, go down to My Lists under the sub-heading and make sure it is set to Enabled
Go to the Accounts tab.
Under the Trakt sub-heading, click on Authorization/Re-Authorize and re-sync your Trakt account to Exodus Redux.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:08:53 am by flhthemi »