KodiTips Forums

Disappointed

Bookend

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Disappointed
« on: July 29, 2017, 05:44:33 pm »
I bought this android with Kodi ... Was told it would be better than my Roku .... So far it isn't . I like live tv and not a lot ... But the things I like ... I get to watch 10 or 15 seconds at a time ... And then spend 3 or 4 minutes trying to get it to tune in again ( in hopes that it will keep playing ) ... I know no one who can help ... I know nothing about Kodi ... No support whatsoever ..... What should I do go back to Roku ?

hatrix

• +16/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 06:04:13 pm »
Live tv for free on kodi is pretty hit or miss. What add-ons are you using to live tv? If you are at the point of going to roku, which cost money, why not look into a premium iptv service for kodi? $10-$15 a month for 1000+ channels in hd.

Bookend

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:16:36 pm »
Live tv for free on kodi is pretty hit or miss. What add-ons are you using to live tv? If you are at the point of going to roku, which cost money, why not look into a premium iptv service for kodi? $10-$15 a month for 1000+ channels in hd.

All I know ( really ) is I have MIC .. FTFA ... Cypher ... Suprmacy .... UK Turks .... And TVplayer ... That's all that are displayed when I open Kodi ... That's when I go to " live tv " and the last couple days MIC AND FTFA. I have been less able to view channels I did a week ago . Like I said ... I am new to this Kodi and android stuff ...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:23:55 pm by Bookend »

hatrix

• +16/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 07:03:57 pm »

All I know ( really ) is I have MIC .. FTFA ... Cypher ... Suprmacy .... UK Turks .... And TVplayer ... That's all that are displayed when I open Kodi ... That's when I go to " live tv " and the last couple days MIC AND FTFA. I have been less able to view channels I did a week ago . Like I said ... I am new to this Kodi and android stuff ...
well ftfa as of today isnt going to be maintained for a little while. MIC is good and you should also check out Rising Tides. here is a how to link to install it http://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-install-rising-tides-add-on-kodi-17-1-krypton.html

But like i said the free apps are all hit or miss no matter which you use. if you want reliability you would need to go with a premium iptv service. i can recommend some of those.