KodiTips Forums

Zero cache

Bigronz

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Zero cache
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:59:15 am »
Is there another repo for the kodi maintenance tool or way to set the cache at zero? I've been getting errors using the maintenance tool for quite a while. Little help?

curtyman11

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Cache
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 07:51:18 pm »
Zero cache is not necessary nor recommended. You can install the ares wizard and use the maintenance section in there to increase your cache. Personally I set mine to 160mb, which buffers the stream 8x further ahead than the default setting.

BogMan

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Zero cache
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 09:43:10 am »
ares-wizard project has a 'tweak" component. It will allow you to make the cache change.

Open Kodi and navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
    Type the following EXACTLY http://repo.ares-project.com/magic/ and select Done
    Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “.Ares”. and then click OK
    Go back to your Home Screen and then to SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from Zip File > .Ares
    Select repository.aresproject > repository.aresproject-x-x-x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
    Select Get Add-Ons or Install from Repository (on Isengard or higher) > AresProject > Video Add-ons > Ares Football > Install
    Wait for Add-on enabled notification

Buzz Marshall

• +11/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Zero cache
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 10:50:59 am »
Normally you want some cache but i've seen in some cases where it works better without if your running under Android because its already doing a bit anyways...

Easiest way is to go to the Kodi wiki pages and look for the advancedsettings.xml file related Info... you can set the size and type of cacheing thats being done in that file... just make sure you setup the file according to the Kodi Version... Krypton and higher have changed some of the caching tags compared to Kodi versions from Jarvis going back...

Thats actually all Are's is doing anyways... if you don't have the advancedsettings.xml file in the userdata folder, Ares just creates it from the wizards built in template and then uses math to tweak the values to what it thinks you should have... Sometimes tho you need to play with the values because the values it thinks you need are not always the best... All the wizards with tweak tools like that work pretty much the same way... the write up on Kodi's wiki tho reqarding the file are pretty explanatory as the files not that complicated and learning how to adjust it is relatively easy and its good to know so you can get the best outta your hardware/network combination...