KodiTips Forums

Covenant Streams Not Working

Centurion

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant Streams Not Working
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:19:51 am »
Hi folks,

After I found out that Exodus was in a tight spot, I downloaded Covenant as its replacement. After making several mistakes and wasting about an hour  >:( it was all installed.

I wanted to see if it was working, so tried out a few movies and TV shows. A good amount of streams were available, both HD and SD, but when I clicked on them they wouldn't play (i.e. it kept going down the list of providers as if it couldn't find the streams).

If anyone could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it! (Installed to Kodi 17.3, on a PC).

RONIRIB

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant Streams Not Working
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 11:35:28 am »
Everything playing fine here. Check providers? Check playback? (Tools)
Max amount of my expertise! 😂

Centurion

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:18:36 pm »
Doesn't seem to be anything wrong in playback, and all providers are selected. For some reason or another it seems to find the streams and then decides that they aren't playable. I'm beat...  ???

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:53:15 am »
Older programs like Allo Allo, mission Impossible, law and order etc no longer play. Where have the streams gone for these? Even Real Debrid doesn't find them. This only since latest update. Tx

flhthemi

• +5/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 08:42:15 am »
Older programs like Allo Allo, mission Impossible, law and order etc no longer play. Where have the streams gone for these? Even Real Debrid doesn't find them. This only since latest update. Tx

Yeah I like retro TV shows too ;) A lot of them get found because they are all listed in trakt. But the addons only use trakt to get the metadata and tell the addons what to search for. Just because the addon can find them listed doesn't mean the streams are actually out there. Since a lot of the sites don't have and never have had these older shows, it narrows down the field quite a bit which lessens the chances of a stream being found. Since there are so few streams to be found when one of the scraped sites has to take down the series, due to legal issues or whatever, sometimes they are just gone. Makes it tuff for those of us who like these old tv shows. :)

So...I just opened Covenant went to TV Shows, selected Search, searched for allo allo, and played a stream from primewire:estream season 1 episode 1. Then I did the same for Mission Impossible and it found season 1 episode 1 from onseries:gorillavid.

My suggestion would be to increase your scraper timeout to 35, I think default is 30. See if that helps as this will make it take 5 seconds more to scrape sites and this can help find those old shows.

Tools:Settings:General:Providers Timeout

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:54:42 am by flhthemi »

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 09:22:07 am »
Thx Harley. Been fine till couple days ago. No streams since covenant updated. Law and order there is only one stream (realdebrid/openload) and plays wrong series. Been watching all aforesaid series in order till now. I'll try your tip anyway. I reauthorized RD but made no difference. Elysium gives same results. Nadia. Strange how L&O is free to air on 5usa but Amazon want 2.99 per ep. Not a big thing. All new series play fine. Baffled y streams just stopped for retro TV.

flhthemi

• +5/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:36:07 pm »
Where in the wide wide world are you located? I'm thinking a block by your IP.

Did the update you got for Covenant come from the colossus repo?

I'm on Covenant V1.1.4 is this the same as your version?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:39:24 pm by flhthemi »

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 01:36:32 am »
In UK. Extended search time as advised. Found a few more. Not at home but will check version ltr. Besides covenant updated sunday I think?

Centurion

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 05:52:01 am »
I'm in the UK too, and I believe I'm running the latest version of Covenant. I suppose my IP blocking the streams makes sense. My timeout is on 60 seconds, so I detect plenty of streams (I'll attach a screenshot if I get time), but they must be blocked if none play.

EDIT: Ok, so I've found that some do play, it is a bit hit or miss. I'll experiment a bit and see what i find. It seems that HD streams don't play for me?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:57:49 am by Centurion »

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 03:09:26 pm »
It's ok. I extended the timeout and found more streams. Still think RD is worth it for more. I'll make it 60s fm now. Tx for the help all. Retro TV back in business.

shocker01134

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 03:48:59 pm »
When I first downloaded Covenant, it worked like a champ. Everything I searched for, old or new, came up with great quality. Even TV shows I couldn't even find on Exodus were on there. I used it for a while but had to get a new phone and now nothing will play. I will look up a new movie, one that I had previously watched before in great quality, and it finds sources but just skips through until it hits like #8 and its shit quality. It does this for everything now. I've lengthened the time to even 50 secs and it doesn't help.

Lisaxaphona

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 04:07:54 am »
When I've had this issue in the past it will go through each source, 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 etc. Usually if it starts doing that I will just cancel it, then click on 2. If it continues running through them, I'll click on 3 etc. Sometimes it would initially run through them, but it seemed like when I selected a 'good' source directly, it would play from it.

Also, I know when you don't have internet connected it will run through the sources like that. Its very possible your ISP is blocking it. Perhaps a VPN will work? Have you gone into your task manager and looked at the wifi/ethernet to see if it is requesting data when Kodi is going through the sources?

If there was an update recently, then I haven't updated Covenant yet but for the most part its working very well for me and usually works on the first stream I select.