KodiTips Forums

Firestick Issue

AndyRVTR

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Firestick Issue
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:41:12 am »
Hey guys, first post so be gentle.
I have a firestick with Alexa voice control and managed to load Kodi onto it following youtube/ google videos and all has been working great. I noticed that Exodus is no longer being updated, so I've loaded covenant now and have found a few issues while trying to watch movies/tv shows. For example when I now want to watch GOT I get a list of providers as normal, however, when I try to launch any of them I get a message along the lines of 'to play this video, authorisation is required, click on this link then pair'... the issue I have is that I am unable to use my firestick remote to use as a cursor so am unable to actually click on the link. I never used to get this error with Exodus so is there a way around this without buying some type of keyboard?

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Firestick Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:14:04 am »
You can use any device connected to the same network as your fire stick, computer, phone, etc. the typical provider that wants you to pair is called openload, if you don't want to go through the steps of pairing you can just choose a different provider.

AndyRVTR

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Firestick Issue
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:49:26 am »
Thanks for that, I'm a bit of a technophobe when it comes to hooking things together!