KodiTips Forums

Streaming help please

Jojo288

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Streaming help please
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:10:39 pm »
I have kodi 17 and use mostly covenant and elysium.  I am having a terrible time with finding links that will work.  I can watch a bunch of episodes fine then I can spend 1 hour trying to get anythijng to work.  I find there is only about 3 links that will work for me. The rest look like they are getting ready to play then nothing. No message, screen jyst goes back to list of links to pick.  I live in rural ontario and my internet is not the best but speed test says it should be good enough to work.  Any suggestions? Apps thast will make everything work better? Does vpn make the apps stream better? I am open for any suggestions to help me use the box more efficiently. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming help please
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:15:57 pm »
One option is to pay for a service like real-debrid, it's pretty cheap and gives you a bunch of hd links

Read this
http://forums.koditips.com/index.php?topic=289.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 01:18:28 pm by TonyH »

Jojo288

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:23:19 pm »
I have read mixed reviews on real-debrid ... So it is a good service that would help with streaming issues. When I read what some people were saying, a lot of the forums reviews said it did nothing.. your experience is A goid one?

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 02:00:27 pm »
I use real-debrid and i think it definitely has benefits. obviously new and popular movies/shows there should be plenty of links with or without debrid but when you get into older or more obscure stuff real debrid can really come in handy.

Buzz Marshall

• +27/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 11:50:13 pm »
Real-debrid will definately help with finding better quatlity links but its not going to do anything about bandwidth issues when it comes to streaming...

When kodi opens up the link and appears to want to work but nothing shows up a lot of times its because the streams timed out... if the plug-in is working properly and there isn't a link it will report it like that, so if your getting past that point and nothings starting its either theres something wrong with the stream format in reqards to kodi's video player or the streams not handshaking and opening up fast enough... you can tell when the links timed out or the ports closed usually by watching how fast it lets you back out of that playback window while the wheel's spinning... if it makes you wait then the its still waiting but if it lets you back out right away then its already dropped and the spinning wheel is just a byproduct of Kodi's work icon not stopping...

People mistake the appearance of a better link as a improvement of overall bandwidth when really its a byproduct of debrid providing you a private link that may have a lot less people pulling on it so it appears more reliable or faster... thats just coincidental and theres no guarantee its always going to be that...

Seeing as you said rural ontario i only mention the bandwidth thing because i know depending on where in Ontario and how far outside the various loops you are that streaming hd content can be a problem... checking your bandwidth using any of the online sites typically setup by your provider or even the public ones sometimes aren't vary accurate in sustained stream bandwidth for longer periods of time as well sometimes the time of day can play into it as well...

The other thing i noticed in your post was you saying that you can watch for awhile and then you cant seem to find working links after that... is that just with these plug-ins or is that a across the board type of issue... reason being i know depending on who the rural provider is that some use various methods of throttling which could be based on a packet ceiling over time basis... if its just these plug-ins tho, you can probably rule that out...

Either way tho, Real-debrid is fairly cheap and really not a bad investment if you want better links... i just wouldn't want to see you go into it thinking its going to fix bandwidth problems if thats part of what the issue is...

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 01:02:13 am »
I use RD all the time. round 9/EU9 for 90 days is peanuts. Need it for retro TV. For some reason lately there are fewer streams for old TV programs. RD finds them tho and play.