KodiTips Forums

Covenant Needs a Fix

flhthemi

• +10/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Covenant Needs a Fix
« on: August 05, 2017, 09:14:45 am »
Actually, any clone of Exodus (Covenant, Specto-..Fork and Gruzil) have this issue. The issue is the addon closing when exiting Kodi. This causes Kodi to hang for long periods of time. With all 4 of these installed you can see Kodi hang for better than 30 seconds. It would be nice to see this fixed or find out if there is something I can do on my end.

Here is what my log file shows:

Code: [Select]
09:02:30.188 T:3796   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.covenant\covenant.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:16:27 am by flhthemi »

gwilly7

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant Needs a Fix
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 10:35:27 am »
Actually, any clone of Exodus (Covenant, Specto-..Fork and Gruzil) have this issue. The issue is the addon closing when exiting Kodi. This causes Kodi to hang for long periods of time. With all 4 of these installed you can see Kodi hang for better than 30 seconds. It would be nice to see this fixed or find out if there is something I can do on my end.

Here is what my log file shows:

Code: [Select]
09:02:30.188 T:3796   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(20, C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.covenant\covenant.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

On twitter they have asked to report any problems on github

https://github.com/Colossal1/repository.colossus/issues

flhthemi

• +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 04:44:07 pm »
What the hell do I do with that? A Pull Request?

Kruncy

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 06:04:44 pm »
I think if you use the "New Issues" button, you can post your comment and the devs will see it.

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 06:28:12 pm »
I have seen a video somewhere on how to instantly close kodi, I think it entailed modifying the py file, I will try and find it.
All of my devices hang when powering off, it has always bothered me.

flhthemi

• +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:32:14 pm »
I have seen a video somewhere on how to instantly close kodi, I think it entailed modifying the py file, I will try and find it.
All of my devices hang when powering off, it has always bothered me.

Yeah I saw that trick too but I think what it's doing ends up being the same as clicking the X on a windows to close it. That's not a proper shutdown if that's what it's doing.

flhthemi

• +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 07:40:01 pm »
I think if you use the "New Issues" button, you can post your comment and the devs will see it.

Thanks Krunchy. I dunno how the hell I missed that big green button! :)