KodiTips Forums

Customize Skins?

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Customize Skins?
« on: August 08, 2017, 12:18:33 pm »
Good Morning All.....

I use the Aeon Nox skin, with the picture of Astronaut floating in space. Is there a way to change the background image? Or there other user friendly skins for 17.3?

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Customize Skins?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:56:59 pm »
System/skin settings you can change many backgrounds in there, the main background, a different background for each menu item, multiple backgrounds, backgrounds for sub menu items...

Edit: I'm actually talking about aeon nox silvo, should be similar in regular aeon nox
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:58:36 pm by TonyH »

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 01:37:47 pm »
System/skin settings you can change many backgrounds in there, the main background, a different background for each menu item, multiple backgrounds, backgrounds for sub menu items...

Edit: I'm actually talking about aeon nox silvo, should be similar in regular aeon nox
Awesome...I will play around with it.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 03:48:02 pm »
I think it's settings/skin settings/main menu settings
Highlight a menu item on the left side and on the right side are options including setting a background.
The key is you need to find your kodi/userdata folder and make a new folder there called backgrounds or something similar. Then from within kodi/system/file manager you need to add source and browse to the new folder location. Store all of your custom images in there, if you want multiple images for a menu item, like a slide show, just make a subfolder inside your background folder.
Have fun

flhthemi

• +8/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:36:43 am »
Just switch skins to Aeon Nox SILVO...you won't be sorry!

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:40 am »
Just switch skins to Aeon Nox SILVO...you won't be sorry!
I was looking for it, wasn't listed when I went to search for more skins....had Aeon Leggo and Aeon Star Wars or something like that. How can I find SILVO?

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:05:55 am by TonyH »

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 03:59:12 pm »
And when you go there, if you use the Kodi Forums....DO NOT mention any of the addons you are getting here as talking about them there is banned!

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 05:16:34 pm »
Lol, some of those guys are not friendly even if you post a log showing all legal addons, I've done it before. Some of the 'team' are cool and some are just condescending

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 08:56:42 am »
And when you go there, if you use the Kodi Forums....DO NOT mention any of the addons you are getting here as talking about them there is banned!

Most of the people there are really unhelpful !!

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 08:57:00 am »
Well you can't blame them at all. Kodi is taking a lot of heat because of 3rd party addons and they shouldn't have to. Then you add the users who think they are "entitled" or are just plain uninformed but think they know it all and you have a real bruhaha.

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 11:57:17 am »
Xonfluence (Confluence mod) skin best. The only one that uses Artist Slideshow correctly.

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 11:34:36 am »
Finally got Silvo!

Can someone breakdown the dummy version on how to customize it on fire stick? Add my own photo background....etc?

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 12:10:22 pm »
Finally got Silvo!

Can someone breakdown the dummy version on how to customize it on fire stick? Add my own photo background....etc?

Gather up all your favorite backgrounds and put them in one folder. Put that background folder inside your Kodi folder where addons, userdata etc. are. Then start Kodi and add that folder to sources in the File Manager for Kodi.

I think on Android it would be \org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 12:41:51 am »
Finally got Silvo!

You need a program like adblink to push files to your fire stick, then do as above and you should be set

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 03:51:13 pm »
Played around with it last night...was able to get widgets up and what not. Will continue to tinker with it until I get the hang of it. Thanks again guys.

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 04:42:38 pm »
HINT: You can save something to your Favorites list and add those items as widgets...most of them anyway. After you have the widget you can delete the item from favorites.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 04:47:04 pm »
Xonfluence (Confluence mod) skin best. The only one that uses Artist Slideshow correctly.

Just finished a new setup using xonfluence. Loving this skin! The widgets are spaced apart and look a lot better to me. It's a little more work to setup, using favorites temporarily to set up the skin more than aeon nox, but I like the look better. Try it out if your experimenting, you may switch over..

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2017, 04:48:43 pm »
HINT: You can save something to your Favorites list and add those items as widgets...most of them anyway. After you have the widget you can delete the item from favorites.

That is a very good hint! That includes separate areas inside addons or entire folders. Have fun

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 05:06:23 pm »
Hey flhthemi, how are posting your screen shots? Says my file is too large.

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2017, 05:55:10 pm »
Hey flhthemi, how are posting your screen shots? Says my file is too large.

I use imgur and copy the BB code and paste it in the message.

I also use the Silvo Aeon skin...I find it much easier to use than xonfluence and you can change the colors of things like the main menu bar, the highlight bar, assorted different text and widget background colors...the tint.

HIINT: the color of text displayed for menu items and widget panels can be changed in most skins. When you set the label for the item do it like this:

Code: [Select]
[COLOR FFDAA520]TV SHOWS[/COLOR]
Using [I]Will slant[/I] the text!

FFDAA520 IS the color code you can also use the color name like "goldenrod" instead of the code.

This Text slanted as described above

Here's an example. System menu is slanted text and the word EXIT is lawngreen:

Attached a list of colors with names and codes!

http://forums.koditips.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=411.0;attach=149
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 07:01:10 pm by flhthemi »

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 06:51:22 pm »
You can also use the color option when naming your section within the skin settings e.g.
[COLOR green]system[/COLOR]

Lol, he just said that before me☝🏼
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:21:38 pm by TonyH »

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:57 pm »

Most of the people there are really unhelpful !!

Kodi is a participation sport and most of the group don't have much time let alone patience on what some consider dealer driven traffic (meaning people sold boxes and left hanging by some box pusher) that come and ask questions about plug-ins that the Kodi foundation as a entity has had to spend a considerable amount of time and coin on trying to distance themselves and prove they are not part of providing any type of software that can be considered being used to violate anyone Digital Rights...

I think at times people forget about the real kodi developers as most of the glory seems to go to the plug-in developers of whats considered unofficial plug-ins that are the sole reason the group gets all the heat... Some members are more approachable then others but either way Respect should be paid because without all the years of time and developement most of them have committed to Kodi would have never gotten past XBMP or XBMC...

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 12:36:51 am »
They do deserve some respect, but if their answers are just rude and condescending then they should not even post a reply. I'm sure there were thousands of people with stupid "fix my box" questions, but there are also MANY people with legit problems and questions. Just my opinion based on my own experiences visiting the forum.

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 04:24:56 am »
They do deserve some respect, but if their answers are just rude and condescending then they should not even post a reply. I'm sure there were thousands of people with stupid "fix my box" questions, but there are also MANY people with legit problems and questions. Just my opinion based on my own experiences visiting the forum.

Agree with this!

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 08:42:31 pm »

I agree... over the years some have left and others come and the social structure of the group itself has changed and your right in that some tend to be obnoxious in their responses while others tend to really have a sense of superiority at times, i've been there for many many years under a few different nicks and used to contribute in the way back days, i long since moved on and do my own thing as some others have done... I barely go there anymore and would never ask anything there outside maybe the skinning areas as that seems to be a bit more open crowd then some of the core contributors...

seems like a lot of places these days are getting like that as even places like OpenELEC and LibreELEC are becoming commercial products at the core which tends to separate the social crowd as the few dominating types bully their way around... usually i find on any of the sites theres always some tho that are good at helping and somethimes its easier to feel them out and try and find a way to approach them privately without being a pest...

but your right with the overall tone of the site...

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 09:48:32 am »
The overall tone of the site is NO PIRATING. It has to be that way for Kodi to even stay in existence. I don't blame them at all for their stance on this. The devs there get so inundated with questions from n00bs, people trying to PM them and just plain unrelated questions to Kodi at all. I have to shake my head at some of the questions I see all over the internet about Kodi so I can't imagine being a sitting duck.

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 07:10:00 pm »
Your right thats for sure...

The biggest part of the problems stems from the chinese manufactures will sell to anyone which puts way to many in the hands of dealers that basically don't give a crap about anyone once they sell the box... that was bad enough but then after awhile to once again re-stimulate the thing they just took Kodi and pre-installed the damn thing allowing even dumber dealers to start flipping boxes... there were some discussions back then about stopping that and lead to some leaving and moving on while the group just carried on... now its come back to bite them on the ass big time..

i agree of the stance they've been forced to take but the factories should have been restricted from the git go and things maybe would be perceived from a legal point differently today... now instead theres really only one way to actually fix the problem for the group and thats not something any of want to see happen...