KodiTips Forums

Customize Skins?

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Customize Skins?
« on: August 08, 2017, 12:18:33 pm »
Good Morning All.....

I use the Aeon Nox skin, with the picture of Astronaut floating in space. Is there a way to change the background image? Or there other user friendly skins for 17.3?

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Customize Skins?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:56:59 pm »
System/skin settings you can change many backgrounds in there, the main background, a different background for each menu item, multiple backgrounds, backgrounds for sub menu items...

Edit: I'm actually talking about aeon nox silvo, should be similar in regular aeon nox
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:58:36 pm by TonyH »

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 01:37:47 pm »
System/skin settings you can change many backgrounds in there, the main background, a different background for each menu item, multiple backgrounds, backgrounds for sub menu items...

Edit: I'm actually talking about aeon nox silvo, should be similar in regular aeon nox
Awesome...I will play around with it.

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 03:48:02 pm »
I think it's settings/skin settings/main menu settings
Highlight a menu item on the left side and on the right side are options including setting a background.
The key is you need to find your kodi/userdata folder and make a new folder there called backgrounds or something similar. Then from within kodi/system/file manager you need to add source and browse to the new folder location. Store all of your custom images in there, if you want multiple images for a menu item, like a slide show, just make a subfolder inside your background folder.
Have fun

flhthemi

• +5/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:36:43 am »
Just switch skins to Aeon Nox SILVO...you won't be sorry!

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:24:40 am »
Just switch skins to Aeon Nox SILVO...you won't be sorry!
I was looking for it, wasn't listed when I went to search for more skins....had Aeon Leggo and Aeon Star Wars or something like that. How can I find SILVO?

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:05:55 am by TonyH »

flhthemi

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 03:59:12 pm »
And when you go there, if you use the Kodi Forums....DO NOT mention any of the addons you are getting here as talking about them there is banned!

TonyH

• +22/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 05:16:34 pm »
Lol, some of those guys are not friendly even if you post a log showing all legal addons, I've done it before. Some of the 'team' are cool and some are just condescending

sarah

• +7/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 08:56:42 am »
And when you go there, if you use the Kodi Forums....DO NOT mention any of the addons you are getting here as talking about them there is banned!

Most of the people there are really unhelpful !!

flhthemi

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 08:57:00 am »
Well you can't blame them at all. Kodi is taking a lot of heat because of 3rd party addons and they shouldn't have to. Then you add the users who think they are "entitled" or are just plain uninformed but think they know it all and you have a real bruhaha.

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 11:57:17 am »
Xonfluence (Confluence mod) skin best. The only one that uses Artist Slideshow correctly.