KodiTips Forums

aoen nox silvo widgets not updating on kodi 17.3

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
aoen nox silvo widgets not updating on kodi 17.3
« on: August 09, 2017, 10:49:05 am »
Iv installed this build (aeon nox5 silvo) many times on kodi 16.x and widgets always update themselves whatever i point them at but trying to move to kodi 17.3 iv installed aeon nox silvo 6.0.9 and a couple of addons and setup everything the same as i always do but i just can not figure how or why the widgets just will not auto update.

Im not talking about linking my library , just external addon pages. (e.g. addon > new videos)

Iv spent the last 4 days searching and searching but no luck, Sad

is it a certain addon/script/service or something i should be looking at , iv installed script.skin.helper.widgets , skin.helper.widgets but i dont think its these that control the widget updates, i just dont know.

All i do know is it does update the widgets on kodi 16.x but not on kodi 17.3 but why ?

I really hope some can help cos im at a loss, thx all.

EDIT:- iv checked out "callbacks" and yes it kinda works but its really clunky compared to kodi 16.x which would auto update all the widgets pretty slickly.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/comments/58uijv/autorefresh_script/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:51:42 am by JackDinn »

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
Re: aoen nox silvo widgets not updating on kodi 17.3
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:59:40 am »
What exactly are you pointing the widgets to?
I just set up a new build using silvo on kodi 17.3 and it all works great but my widgets are only pointing to Covenant new movies, and Covenant most popular Tv shows. Those are working great

Edit: you may need to update your skin or install a new one compatible with kodi krypton. Check this out
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210069
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:04:25 am by TonyH »

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 01:25:02 pm »
Can someone break down a "Dummies" version for this? lol
All I know is System>File Manager>add source-Enter URL then Add from zip----Add from Repository......

Trying to get Silvo

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 01:26:14 pm »
well yea just the same as you, pointing to covenant/popular and covenant/new movies and a couple other addons.

I was thinking i might try reinstalling the skin, there are so many repos and hosts of .zip's floating around and then theres all the forks etc that i get confused but i downloaded from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210069 ver 6.0.9 I think that was correct.

I'll read your link and see what i can learn, thx.

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 01:34:29 pm »
o its that same link , lol. yea i have read a lot of that but i shall try a reinstall anyhow. Which method did you use ? the repo or the sideload zip ? also which version are you using , thx

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 02:51:35 pm »
Can someone break down a "Dummies" version for this? lol
All I know is System>File Manager>add source-Enter URL then Add from zip----Add from Repository......

Trying to get Silvo

If your trying to install from a zip, you need to download it first.
If your on a pc, just go into kodi/system/addons/install from zip, and then browse to the location where you put the zip file.
If your on a android box/fire stick, you need to push the zip to your device using something like abdlink.
I think there is a way to use es-file explorer from an android device, but I have never done that, someone else would be better suited to explain that one

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 02:53:40 pm »
o its that same link , lol. yea i have read a lot of that but i shall try a reinstall anyhow. Which method did you use ? the repo or the sideload zip ? also which version are you using , thx

I'm at work and don't remember the version I'm using. I think I installed it from a repository, but don't remember which one. I'll check tonight when I get home, good luck

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 03:28:48 pm »

I'm at work and don't remember the version I'm using. I think I installed it from a repository, but don't remember which one. I'll check tonight when I get home, good luck

Yea thats cool , i cant actually get at my shield atm cos the mrs is using the TV to watch crap. Must get another hdmi cable some time i could switch to tv No.2 a lot easier. I shall let you know how it goes though.

I see they say be 100% sure all of any old installation is removed before re-installing.
If i uninstall the old skin via addon manager are there any folders i should delete as well to be sure its completely removed before re-installing ?
Maybe i Should i just check in ~/.kodi/userdata  & ~/.kodi/addons and see if there is anything obviously aeon nox and delete it.

I think i shall try the repo.zip cos it will install all the dependencies that way even though i did install them before but sounds like a good idea.

P.S. dam forum is not notifying me , i have set up immediate notifications, sums up my life really, nothing bloody works LOL
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:36:59 pm by JackDinn »

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 03:48:52 pm »
ok just double checking. This this what im intending to delete, please say if i shouldn't do this after uninstalling the skin.

foster:/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi $ find . -iname '*aeon*'                                                                                                                       
./addons/skin.aeon.nox.silvo
./userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/skin.aeon.nox.silvo.hash
./userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/skin.aeon.nox.silvo.properties
./userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo

Many thx :)

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 05:14:08 pm »
Reading your post triggered my memory, I do remember seeing dependencies being installed so I'm sure I got mine from a repo. The files you posted look correct. Like you said just check the addons and userdata folders for anything aeon nox. And make sure to get the skin shortcut stuff cause there is a hash file in there somewhere that needs to be deleted. That damn file was screwing up my build for a couple days til I found it, it was renaming my custom images back to their original location on my C drive on my pc. That doesn't work on my android devices. Anyway, just trying to say that hash file holds some skin shortcut data.
Hope it works for ya

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 12:55:32 pm »
Ok iv fully removed the aeon skin, restarted kodi (17.3), installed the aeon repo from the link in posts above, installed the skin and all its dependencies then added to the widgets :-

Add-on>Video Add-on>covenant>new movies
Add-on>Video Add-on>covenant>Movies>People - Watching

went out for some hours but when i came back and brought kodi back up from sleeping the widgets still did not update (i waited for ages), I reloaded the skin and then all the new widgets were loaded ?

I really dont want to have to reload the skin each time i want to check if there is anything new, especially since on kidi 16.x it works flawlessly.

Im using a nvidia shield , kodi 17.3, aeon nox5 silvo 6.0.9

I would start looking at the logs but i dont know what im looking for or what is supposed to control the widget updates.

flhthemi

• +8/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 01:31:35 pm »
How often did you see these update on Jarvis?

I have a widget for Recently Added Movies...it updates when the Library updates...

In Skin Settings for Aeon Nox Silvo there is a Help item at the bottom of the left most menu.

Then click Install or change settings of supported addons you'll land here:

Then check and see if you have these 4 addons installed:

I think the ones YOU need for the widgets are the Skin Helper Service Widgets and Skin Helper Service.

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 06:51:04 am »
Hi, yea iv been through all them and iv definitely got Skin Helper Service Widgets and Skin Helper Service.

Im thinking of doing a full reinstall of kodi, iim not happy about that prospect :(

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 07:30:35 am »
Just had to figure out how to get at my screen shots via ssh , ... ah figured it.

My shots attached.

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 08:41:32 am »
If I were you...I would do a clean install of Kodi 17.3 and NO 3rd party addons. Setup a widget with something that's a legit addon and head over to the thread for Aeon Nox Silvo at the Kodi forums and search the thread for widgets not updating. If you can't get an answer from the search ask for some help. You'll probably have to have a debug.log posted and link in your post to the debug.log, so any of the addons from here or elsewhere will show in the log. If there are some in your log you won't get any help and your post will be trash binned.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 09:57:17 am »
You could set up a separate portable version of kodi on your pc for your "legal" install so you don't need to mess with your original.

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:12:04 am »
So you are all sure that your widgets get updated not just the library widgets but just the normal addon lists?

Yea both good ideas, or i could just live with having to reload the skin manually or automatically using the callback service.

I shall probably get round to a full re-installl at some point i just really cant face it atm.

Iv already got a post on here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319651 but other than being told what words i must use (face palm" iv not had any response.

I shall post back with the outcome.

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 11:40:10 am »
OK tell me the addon that the widget doesn't update on and I'll install it on my test build and see what gives. How frequently can I expect it to update the widget?

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 01:16:08 pm »
That's hard to say because the Covenant new movies list itself has not updated for a few days so I can't tell if my widgets have updated or not.
Flhthemi had a good point, what addon and list are you seeing not update so I can try to reproduce your results.

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 05:28:54 am »
OK tell me the addon that the widget doesn't update on and I'll install it on my test build and see what gives. How frequently can I expect it to update the widget?

Hi sorry for slow response , i dont get email notifications and i have definitely set this forum up to notify me instantly.

I have now completely reinstalled kodi 17.3 and it still does not update the widgets :(

The addons im using are Covenant and tinklepad (5movies.to, its in the colossus repo) , Im using tinkle pad because the "latest added" section has new movies added 5-10 times a day plus i use tinklepad for new movies anyhow.

I cant say exactly what triggers the updates on jarvis but all the widgets on jarvis are often updated , i would say when the box is brought out of sleep or every couple of hours im not sure but i do know they are refreshed by themselves quite often.

I tests on all 3 of my android boxs now, just looks like it does not refresh widgets (except from library) after kodi 17

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 05:41:35 am »
heres an interesting thread i managed to get with a mod on r/kodi before he deleted the thread.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:43:43 am by JackDinn »

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 05:52:49 am »

just for your info heres my main movie page , the widgets sources are shown below the widget rows.

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 09:33:08 am »
Ok I'll install Tinkle and setup the same widget. I already have Covenant so I'll setup the same widget on mine with that too.

Might take a while for me to see it happen. But I'll set it up take a screen shot and wait for a while and take another. We'll see what happens.

1st Screen Shot: (Click Picture)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:51:06 am by flhthemi »

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 11:22:28 am »
Nice one, cheers. Not sure what outcome im hoping for cos either way iv got a problem.

BTW im sure you have it already but you can check what should be in the tinkle pad new release section here http://5movies.to/new-release/ so you can see if its updating or not without touching it. thx again.

P.S. if you use http://5movies.to/latest-added/ they get a lot more new movies per day (mostly crap) but for the Purposes of this experiment will show a result quicker
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 11:26:44 am by JackDinn »

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 12:23:47 pm »
Been a few hours and no update to the list, so no update to the widget.

I looked at the list on the 5movies site as well. It's the same as I have inside the addon as well as the widget.

Appears to me that list doesn't get updated all that frequently but I'll keep an eye on it for the day.

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
there is a new one now on "new release" called "all or nothing" .

Mine is still on "reverse path" and has been since yesterday , iv seen the library update though a few hours ago but none of the other widgets got updated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:18:27 pm by JackDinn »

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 02:00:59 pm »
I figured it. It updated all after i watched a video ! Im sure it used to update when it brought it out from sleeping cos otherwise whats the point. I dont really want to have to watch something first BEFORE i can then make an up to date choice.

Wonder what exactly is doing the updating i.e. what the command and script is that executes it cos if i knew exactly i could set some kind of timer or use callbacks to do the updates every hour and on wake-up. I shall have to monitor the logs and see what i can see.

Im 99% sure its not how kodi 16 was but its an improvement.

Thank you all for all the support it greatly appreciated :)

flhthemi

• +8/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 04:57:24 pm »
Yup...it updated the list but the widgets remained the same. You're right though, it might take as little as just entering the addon from the same item that the widgets are displayed for. BUT maybe a custom item on a sub menu that issues the ReloadSkin() command would be less work.

http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 11:00:53 pm »
yea i would use reload skin but have you seen the mess it make with this skin when you have it set to "icons" which is how i like it. I suppose i shall have to go back to the standard text banner bar like yours cos that manually refreshes the skin fine.

There is definitely a major change here though from kodi 16 which is a real pity. Its also a pity its taken me so many post on so many forums and no one seems to be aware of it , its one of the first things i noticed after changing to 17.x

Well this is what i can use but reloading the skin is really slow and clunky compared to the old way it used to do it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/comments/58uijv/autorefresh_script/

O well, thank you for you time and help.

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 04:32:52 am »
Some people suggested i make a clean install and post logs etc to forum,kodi.tv but it looks like their forum rules dont only apply to their own forum or even their own domain but the whole of the web !

I thought it was "amusing" being told what words i could/could not use but having a post deleted because of posts on other forums is a new low.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319651&pid=2636531#pid2636531

I did however receive the notification email before they binned my thread on forum.kodi.tv because of this thread, im sure they are pissed about that.

mikeSiLVO has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at Kodi Community Forum. This thread is titled aoen nox silvo widgets not updating on kodi 17.3.

Here is an excerpt of the message:
------------------------------------------
I really should not respond to this thread cause of the build shit and the fact that I do a google search of my skin about every month or so and have seen your posts (and flhthemi trying to assist you) about this issue on a crappy [[banned addon]] site but... maybe... If I post a possible answer then perhaps the info will be spread to others and no one will come here again wasting any of our damn time...

I will not talk specifics but check the Widget path after you select it and the menu rebuilds by choosing custom item> and if your shitty addon plugin path ends in Window(Home).Property(widgetreload) change that to Window(Home).Property(widgetreload2).

If it doesn't end in that then well consider my advice for those smart enough to pirate content without thinking they should do so with zero effort.

Goddamn I feel dirty now... If a mod thinks this should be binned then please do so cause my only goal is to have threads with questions like this disappear and not have anymore SiL... (visit the thread to read more..)
------------------------------------------

If you are reading mikeSiLVO i appreciate the advice. I know you think i have put zero effort but personally i dont count months of digging, learning, tinkering zero effort but maybe if we use anything thats haram then it does :-/

I also use torrent, usenet, TerrariumTV, tor, tails, VPN's, real-debrid, Premiumize, alluc, seedbox's etc etc perhaps there is enough "wrong-think" just there to get my kodi.tv account banned.

Anyhow for anyone with a similar problem, In the end i found the auto library updater and using that has done the trick because all the widgets update after a library update even if im not using the library. I shall take a look at mikeSiLVO's suggestion as soon as i can.