KodiTips Forums

Can't decide on which addons to remove!!

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Can't decide on which addons to remove!!
« on: August 09, 2017, 04:30:35 pm »
Here's my deal I have Bennu, Bubbles, Covenant, Elysium, Exodus , Moviedude and SALTs all installed and they all work great!

Really thinking about removing Exodus and Bubbles! Exodus has worked great from day one never had an issue with it and it works even better since I have added a RD account.

Bubbles I rarely ever use. And since the last update I keep getting a pop up asking if I wanted to configure a VPN which is very annoying.

I don't think I need all the addons I have but not sure of which ones to remove.
Your thoughts please, because all above addons return the same results!

Thanks in advance!! :-\ :-\ 

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Can't decide on which addons to remove!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 04:58:48 pm »
Here's my deal I have Bennu, Bubbles, Covenant, Elysium, Exodus , Moviedude and SALTs all installed and they all work great!

Really thinking about removing Exodus and Bubbles! Exodus has worked great from day one never had an issue with it and it works even better since I have added a RD account.

Bubbles I rarely ever use. And since the last update I keep getting a pop up asking if I wanted to configure a VPN which is very annoying.

I don't think I need all the addons I have but not sure of which ones to remove.
Your thoughts please, because all above addons return the same results!

Thanks in advance!! :-\ :-\
I struggle with this Daily lol
I've deleted some, but then go back and re-add them. I like having "Back up plans" in case Elysium or Covenant arent working. I'm at work now so at the top of my head I have:
123Movies
Bob Unleashed
Cartoon8
Covenant
cCloud
Duck Pool
Deliverance
Exodus
Elysium
Goodfellas
Skynet
maverick
Stream Hub
Supremacy
Planet MMA
UK Turk

Probably too many myself
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:01:39 pm by dada »

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 05:55:09 pm »
I have way to many also, but I got rid of exodus, and salts. I never did use bubbles, seemed to me that was more for downloading and I do that on my pc and add from there to my NAS.
Off the top of my head, I'm using:
Covenant
Elysium
Bennu
Bob unleashed
Cartoons8
Planet MMA
Vortex(for the motor sports)
Supremacy( mostly for the live tv)
MIC
DocumentedHD
Motor replays
Picasso
Sports devil
Ukturks
Maverick
I know there are a couple more( and I should get rid of them)

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 06:04:59 pm »
Thanks y'all!!!

Did remove Bubbles

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 06:56:21 pm »
Realistically just having your most used add-ons with 1 or 2 backups is all you need. As long as you are active in the community it is really easy to add or remove add-ons down the road. I'm constantly adding and trying new add-ons and then removing them after.

flhthemi

• +8/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:13 am »
I would just keep what is still working. You don't have a lot of addons, this is a good thing. As they start failing to work well (SALTS and Exodus will at some point) then remove them. When you do take them out don't forget to remove the left overs from the addon_data folder.

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 08:55:30 am »
Having a 32GB Box and still having 23GB left i don't bother too much at this point in time.

Got about 60 addons.

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 12:24:42 pm »
I would just keep what is still working. You don't have a lot of addons, this is a good thing. As they start failing to work well (SALTS and Exodus will at some point) then remove them. When you do take them out don't forget to remove the left overs from the addon_data folder.

Thanks! Exodus is still working well! SALTS acutely started giving me problems last night..