KodiTips Forums

Bubbles VPN pop-up

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Bubbles VPN pop-up
« on: August 14, 2017, 03:04:04 pm »
It's really annoying!! Would someone please post the steps on how to disable it?
Pop-up: You do not have your VPN set up would you like to set it up now?
I have tried everything to disable it. I don't use a VPN.

I uninstalled Bubbles only to reinstall it because I lost the URL resolver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :) :)

gwilly7

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Bubbles VPN pop-up
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 10:18:20 am »
It's really annoying!! Would someone please post the steps on how to disable it?

He has a new support page where you can open a ticket.

https://bubbles4kodi.com/support/

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:55:21 am »

He has a new support page where you can open a ticket.

https://bubbles4kodi.com/support/

Ok I will look into this. Thanks :) :)

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:13:15 pm »
The best way to remove that plugin is manually...

Seems like bubbles how now become about money... Easynews is one of the worst uucp(news) feeds for what they charge... Using new feeds as a torrent type of source is not that bad of a idea in itself, but good uucp(news) feeds with a decent download cap usually are not all that cheap, private IPTV feeds are probably a better deal and more cost effective as well as probably being more reliable then patching pieces of news packets back together to build a stream...

Once again someones started with something good and turned it into a more making scheme...to bad as i used to really like the plug-in... anyone asking for money these days might as well just paint a big red dot on their back moviing forward...

on another note... i seen this morning in the Nafta renegotiations this morning Digital Rights are one of the demands by the US being pushed on both Canada and Mexico as the US wants both countries to blindly adapt the US regulations... Online purchases and Streaming Media are part of the DMCA there talking about...

Anyways... someone needs to go thru the plugin and see whats going on.. i found it was just safer to manually remove all the directories and packages it installs that way it cant mess with anything else, as well as the zip files from the packages folder...  for some reason it seems like trying to remove the plug-in the conventional way is triggering something in their code thats changing other things...

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 04:38:12 pm »
The best way to remove that plugin is manually...

Seems like bubbles how now become about money... Easynews is one of the worst uucp(news) feeds for what they charge... Using new feeds as a torrent type of source is not that bad of a idea in itself, but good uucp(news) feeds with a decent download cap usually are not all that cheap, private IPTV feeds are probably a better deal and more cost effective as well as probably being more reliable then patching pieces of news packets back together to build a stream...

Once again someones started with something good and turned it into a more making scheme...to bad as i used to really like the plug-in... anyone asking for money these days might as well just paint a big red dot on their back moviing forward...

on another note... i seen this morning in the Nafta renegotiations this morning Digital Rights are one of the demands by the US being pushed on both Canada and Mexico as the US wants both countries to blindly adapt the US regulations... Online purchases and Streaming Media are part of the DMCA there talking about...

Anyways... someone needs to go thru the plugin and see whats going on.. i found it was just safer to manually remove all the directories and packages it installs that way it cant mess with anything else, as well as the zip files from the packages folder...  for some reason it seems like trying to remove the plug-in the conventional way is triggering something in their code thats changing other things...

Thanks! How would I do this? Last time I uninstalled Bubbles it also uninstalled URL-resolver and once I reinstalled bubbles url was back. I did try and find another standalone install for url resolver without any luck.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 08:58:10 pm »
not sure how well you know your way around the system or what system your using but basically what your looking for is the addon directory where the plug ins are installed and just find the directory of the plug-in you want to remove and remove that directory... the urlresolver plug-in will be in its own directory so just leave it alone and you should be fine...

bubbles installed a few directories and you need to remove them all.. then inside the addon's directory will be another directory called packages... packages contain the zip'd versions of the installed plug-ins which are all in the addons directory... remove the bubbles zip package as well...

when your done Kodi should start up and bubbles should be gone and the urlresolver you had still intact...

Normally removing plug-ins are that simple to remove but sometimes with wizards and things they get hooked into kodi's services or over write things making removal a real pain to the point its just easier to totally remove the kodi installation and then do a fresh install...

Bubbles i'm not sure what they were trying to do but i did notice from time stamps it appeared to go into some of kodi's other folders but ive not spend the time looking into the why's of what they were doing as the plug-in itself is now a waste of time as far as i'm concerned...

personally i never trust any coder or developer arrogant enough to push that much advertising onto some end users box over something as free as this whole scene was meant to be...

Sara5dawn

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 12:26:45 pm »
not sure how well you know your way around the system or what system your using but basically what your looking for is the addon directory where the plug ins are installed and just find the directory of the plug-in you want to remove and remove that directory... the urlresolver plug-in will be in its own directory so just leave it alone and you should be fine...

bubbles installed a few directories and you need to remove them all.. then inside the addon's directory will be another directory called packages... packages contain the zip'd versions of the installed plug-ins which are all in the addons directory... remove the bubbles zip package as well...

when your done Kodi should start up and bubbles should be gone and the urlresolver you had still intact...

Normally removing plug-ins are that simple to remove but sometimes with wizards and things they get hooked into kodi's services or over write things making removal a real pain to the point its just easier to totally remove the kodi installation and then do a fresh install...

Bubbles i'm not sure what they were trying to do but i did notice from time stamps it appeared to go into some of kodi's other folders but ive not spend the time looking into the why's of what they were doing as the plug-in itself is now a waste of time as far as i'm concerned...

personally i never trust any coder or developer arrogant enough to push that much advertising onto some end users box over something as free as this whole scene was meant to be...

Thanks! I found it int Bubbles settings how to disable it...