KodiTips Forums

IPVanish

victor120563

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
IPVanish
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:13:21 pm »
I am thinking about buying Iipvanish my question is does it stop my live streams from buffering and also does it work on pay-per-view events through both of the Kodi boxes that I have in my home

RodgerB

• +21/-7
    • View Profile
Re: IPVanish
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:49:56 am »
VPN's are a business. I don't use one and don't think you need one. Buffering happens due to internet speed and stream quality, that's life..IMHO.

sarah

• +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:56:27 am »
VPN's are a business. I don't use one and don't think you need one. Buffering happens due to internet speed and stream quality, that's life..IMHO.

Try using Ukturks without a Vpn and see what happens Rodger.

RodgerB

• +21/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 01:26:57 pm »
I don't use UK Turks. Don't need it....so many others that work well....why use addons that have problems or that need a VPN...keep it easy and clean...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:30:40 pm by RodgerB »

sarah

• +10/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 02:22:17 pm »
UKturks is very good and most of the other addons work for a few days/weeks and then problems start.

Only a few of them are reliable .

kodidave

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »
People can have diffrent reasons to use a VPN
Privacy and security for one but also to prevent IP throdeling
If you torrent download it's only a matter of time your ISP
will send a nasty 'copyright infringment' whatever...
and they can cancel your service if you get too many
I like to pull down CD's from Pirate Bay periodically
Don't even think about useing PB without a VPN
And now we can add Kodi/Roku side loaded into the mix 
fubo TV has a huge overseas network in Asia/Middle East
you can login a router overseas and watch their channels

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 07:49:21 pm »
A VPN by its very nature will always lower your bandwidth with the amount of loss more or less down to who you choose and what your doing...

A VPN is used to help one hide what your traffic is... and get around geo-blocking(which is slowly becoming less effective)...

Any apparent increase in bandwidth by using one is not because the VPN is boosting anything but rather because of what was said eariier which is that some ISP's will throttle certain known ports but if the ISP can't identify the traffic their routers are watching for in their profiles so the throttling rules wont automatically be applied, which in turn from the users viewpoint may appear to be a boost in bandwidth...

Your bandwidth will always top out with whatever your connection to your providers is... so depending on where your trying to pull from on the net and picking the right VPN is the best you can do to maximize your bandwidth... most VPN providers will offer different packages but generally most support at least a couple of independent simultaneous connections...

Its really a hit and miss with VPN but for privacy reasons is still a good idea... something like Real Debrid may be a better answer as your going to get more premium links rather then the dwindelling pool of public links...