KodiTips Forums

Covenant Streaming Issues

seahawk789

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant Streaming Issues
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:44:32 pm »
Hi Team,
When I first downloaded Covenant, it worked great. Every movies I searched for, old or new, came up with great quality.  But since last couple of weeks I am facing issues in streaming movies.  I will look up a new movie, one that I had previously watched before in great quality, and it finds sources (Both HD and normal) but just skips through until it hits like #8 or #9 and its poor quality. It skips through all the HD tracks. It does this for everything now. I've lengthened the time to even 50 secs and it doesn't help. Anybody facing similar issues? I also tried installing Covenant from different sources too like Ares wizard, mediarepos and a few others too. All having same issues.

I have Covenant 1.1.9.
Any Suggestions on how to resolve the issue? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:54:53 pm by seahawk789 »

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant Streaming Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 02:04:44 pm »
Sites that are listed can get overloaded with users (this usually causes buffering) keep trying, it might eventually yield something or they could have been given a takedown order and the info hasn't been updated yet for the scraper. All it finds is what it thinks are working sites. So what's there right now, might not be there an hour from now but it still gets listed.

Patience is a virtue :)

seahawk789

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 10:10:45 pm »
Sites that are listed can get overloaded with users (this usually causes buffering) keep trying, it might eventually yield something or they could have been given a takedown order and the info hasn't been updated yet for the scraper. All it finds is what it thinks are working sites. So what's there right now, might not be there an hour from now but it still gets listed.

Thanks for the reply.  :) But the fact that makes me wonder is that, it is happening for all the movies past 1-2 weeks. I have been almost trying daily. But still no HD streams play, it skips right through all of them.

Apocalypso

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:43:20 am »

Thanks for the reply.  :) But the fact that makes me wonder is that, it is happening for all the movies past 1-2 weeks. I have been almost trying daily. But still no HD streams play, it skips right through all of them.

I would highly recommend you consider investing in a Realdebrid account. It will give you more access to HD links with virtually no buffering. 've been using Realdebrid for two years and can attest to the difference in quality when using Kodi add-ons without it.

As what's been said before, you'll notice that accessing free links will have far more instances of buffering because of the overwhelming amount of other users who are accessing the same sources. That in turn puts a greater load on servers hosting these links which typically results in more buffering. Realdebrid links however, are tied to hosters that have servers with greater capacities to accommodate more users at one time, which results in far less buffering.

Kruncy

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:21:35 am »
I watched two movies (Covenant) last evening (GMT -4) and both were in 720.

I don't use RealDebrid.

Geography and time of day may make a difference.  Not to mention the hardware you use (I'm on a Windows 10 PC).
There is general truth in what Apocalyso said; RD seems to help lots of people with quaility and consistency. 

Hope you get squared away.

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 12:03:39 pm »
I watched two movies (Covenant) last evening (GMT -4) and both were in 720.

I don't use RealDebrid.

Geography and time of day may make a difference.  Not to mention the hardware you use (I'm on a Windows 10 PC).
There is general truth in what Apocalyso said; RD seems to help lots of people with quaility and consistency. 

Hope you get squared away.

I don't use it either. I used to get buffering issues all the time and still do...on my Android devices. I am slowly migrating all my hardware to Windows based HTPCs. I like the OS, I know my way around in it and I probably have a long time to go before I have issues with Kodi running on it like those poor people (Of which I was one) with Android boxes below Version 5.X. It's not 100%, I still hit some sites that buffer, so I just pick another or download the video as a last resort.

Now...I could also use OpenElec or LibreElec on my HTPCs. It works very well but it's a little more cumbersome, if you aren't use to it, to move files and add files or edit .xml files and such. They're both very fast and boot quick but I prefer Windows because I'm an old timer :)

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 08:38:46 pm »
Real Debrid being as cheap as it is may be worth trying for a month just to see how well it works for you...

Ive gone for years without using anything like Real Debrid but recently decided to pony up and try it for awhile just to see what if anything i would gain from it...

Ive coded all my own stuff including my own plug-ins with internal urlresolvers for years now and i have noticed there seems to be a trend of less public hd links that one can snag and i think some of it stems from more people moving up into Kodi 17 or higher where https links are being used which is causing a higher demand at times depending on the time of day or where you are and the networking infrastructure between you and those links... normally i dont like paying for things i dont need but in all honesty for what little it costs, its probably not a bad idea to sign up for a month and see how well it works for you...

On another note... Android really sucks as a platform to run Kodi on and as the stream resolutions get higher it is only going to get worse... most of the S90x boxes when it comes to hardware decoding are poorly supported unless your on a box thats actively being developed by some of the 3rd party coders, meaning the box has to now do software decoding as well as share its memory with Android and Kodi... Anyone really wanting solid Kodi really should look at a platform like Linux/Mac/Windows or a Linux derivative of some type thats running on the Android boxes hardware...

seahawk789

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 07:46:40 pm »
Real Debrid being as cheap as it is may be worth trying for a month just to see how well it works for you...

Ive gone for years without using anything like Real Debrid but recently decided to pony up and try it for awhile just to see what if anything i would gain from it...

Ive coded all my own stuff including my own plug-ins with internal urlresolvers for years now and i have noticed there seems to be a trend of less public hd links that one can snag and i think some of it stems from more people moving up into Kodi 17 or higher where https links are being used which is causing a higher demand at times depending on the time of day or where you are and the networking infrastructure between you and those links... normally i dont like paying for things i dont need but in all honesty for what little it costs, its probably not a bad idea to sign up for a month and see how well it works for you...

On another note... Android really sucks as a platform to run Kodi on and as the stream resolutions get higher it is only going to get worse... most of the S90x boxes when it comes to hardware decoding are poorly supported unless your on a box thats actively being developed by some of the 3rd party coders, meaning the box has to now do software decoding as well as share its memory with Android and Kodi... Anyone really wanting solid Kodi really should look at a platform like Linux/Mac/Windows or a Linux derivative of some type thats running on the Android boxes hardware...

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I think its a combination of bandwidth availability and Running on amazon firestick makes it worse.

Having said that I tried real debrid  and it really works in scrapping all the super HD links. Sad part is many of the HD links from real debrid seems to have jittering videos and scrambled audio when I play in amazon firestick. Especially the HEVC video codecs. Firestick seems to suck in playing these HEVC videos.

Any suggestions to view Kodi in TV other than firestick that can smoothly stream HEVC?

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 05:56:19 pm »
Kodi running a on a full blown pc will generally always be more reliable as it can be altered and tailored to the requirements as things change...

Android boxes are another story as its like the wild west as overzealous dealer types promise crap it can't reliably do while trying to compete with each other...

Assuming your still looking at Staying on a Android box platform i'll try and rant for a few paragraphs and enlighten you to the wonderful world of bullshit and Android boxes... lol...

Ive never owned a Firestick or Amazon box but have recovered a few dead ones for a client of mine, that said, i'll start by saying basically all Android boxes are based around a handful of reference board designs provided by someone like Amlogic or Rockchip...  the factories will then either copy or customize the box with various features and cases while branding (naming) the box to whatever the purchaser wants... if your looking to stay on the Android platform i would suggest to at least buy something based on what someone active in the scene is developing on or to buy straight from some major factory Eny or one of the others... knowing who's box you have is extremely important when it comes to better firmware because things are changing all the time... clones are everywhere and in most cases never produce their own firmware...

Understanding just how few real hardware differences there are in the multitude of brands and model numbers help make one understand that in a lot of cases the only real unique thing is Firmware and that the difference between a good box and a bad one usually comes down to firmware.. Firmware and updates are the single most important thing but almost never gets any real attention as it gets over shadowed by all the marketing hype based around the hardware specs of a box...

Amlogic as a example started pushing the main factories a while back to move up off the older S80x boxes to the newer S90x based box even tho in a lot of cases the S90x boxes do not deliver anywhere near the performance they say the newer SoCs are capable of... theres a big line between capable and actually doing it... lol... In the meantime the generally better performing box like say a S812 box got lost in the wind... The reason the older box performs better is because it was more mature and took many hours of 3rd party coders to actually improve most of the firmware loads used by a lot of the manufactures... so things like real hardware decode of the 4K stuff worked... thats definately NOT the case with the newer S90x based boxes... there are some that are getting better but once again not because of Amlogic but because of the handful of 3rd party coders working on specific S90x based boxes...

Ive probably got over a 1000 S812 boxes out there running a custom linux os and have very little problems with streaming anything thats currently available... in fact I'm always getting asked if i'll take someones S90x box in on trade once they've been running one of my boxes... just to qualify tho... that means they all were more then willing to let Android go...

Understanding some of that should make the case to at least buy a box based on what some of the 3rd party coders are working on... Don't ever count on the chipset makers(Amlogic) or even the factories for any real updates or improvements in any real time manner as once they sell the box they've already moved onto their next new product, so you want to at least give yourself a chance of staying in the game because you bought something based on a model someones developing on...

As far as the Amazon boxes/sticks go, its my personal opinion they just bought oem boxes and had them branded to whatever they wanted for names and then probably told the factory to just have the generic firmware adjusted to ensure the boxes worked properly on the streams they are trying to push... From a coders/programmers point theres a big difference between that and contracting a good coder to do proper firmware to ensure everything works properly... Its all about the bottom line and after looking at many many different boards from all the various plants ( i do board level repair amongst other things) i am reasonably sure they have already changed oem makers at least once as ive seen board changes over the last year or so on the same model of box or stick...

Regarding Android... like all things its got its place ( a touch screen device)... but anyone thats been around computers would know enough to realize that even operating systems like windows , linux, mac osx all can have issues when trying to support the multitude of software kicking around and they are running on hardware with gigs and gigs of sram and high end video cards and are basically open hardware wise (meaning its easy to add or change hardware) yet for some reason people seem to some how got sold on this whole idea that some embedded device with a gig or 2 of sram running on a read only file img and a bit of storage flash is going to deliver the same type of performance... on top of that you've got Android OS running probably 1 dozen or more tracking/collecting apps in the background while Kodi has to share its resources with it...  In light of better resolution and streaming its insane for anyone to expect things to work reliably if at all... now thats not to say that the hardware platform can't be made to work but Androids not the answer and if people take the time to look around you can already see examples of better working systems but usually they are based around stripped down Android OS's or in most cases a Linux system stripped to basically support Kodi and its needs, to guarantee the best performance one can get out of this type of hardware...

I'll end my rant by saying... people really should stop listening to all the dealer bullshit because 9 out of ten of them spend little to no time actually coding or developing anything other then trying to find the cheapest box they can and then flipping it without any other investment... people should 1st do a bit of checking around to see who's doing what and what boxes they are building around and purchase those box brands and models as in most cases those are the Android boxes that truly do try and give one the best performance and a future to grow with...