KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

Generic box reset

tel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Generic box reset
« on: August 20, 2017, 01:45:52 pm »
Hi - I made the dubious decision to purchase a generic 'x96' box and I find the pre-installed firmware/software a bit of a pain, Is it possible to 'factory reset' these things and start with a fresh install without all the fluff, or is it simpler to write it off to experience?

Thanks

flhthemi

• +20/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Generic box reset
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 02:10:50 pm »
Hi - I made the dubious decision to purchase a generic 'x96' box and I find the pre-installed firmware/software a bit of a pain, Is it possible to 'factory reset' these things and start with a fresh install without all the fluff, or is it simpler to write it off to experience?

Thanks

You talking about Kodi or Android or both?

Full reset of the x96 would just put Kodi back like it was when you turned the x96 on the 1st time.

If you want to start fresh with Kodi uninstall it, download the proper version from the Kodi download page or the Play Store and start over without using what came on the box pre-installed in Kodi (If that's the case).