KodiTips Forums

Covenant not opening any files

Covenant not opening any files
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:08:50 am »
Hi

I just got the fire stick and downloaded covenant on Kodi. It downloaded fine and I followed all the instructions, however now when I go onto the options of anything, TV shows, movies all of it, it gives the me lists of genres or new movies etc etc, but when I click on the file to open that topic, it just shows a loading wheel and then nothing happens. None of the options open and done show me any movies, even when I search something it just does nothing. The little box on the left also says no information available, don't know if this helps at all... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:15:38 am by Daniellaverga »

TonyH

• +39/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant not opening any files
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 11:26:22 am »
Are you sure your fire stick is connected to your wifi?

Wildwvrose

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:00:46 am »
I am not new to using my firestick, and I am definitely connected & my Covenant is doing the same. I have a 2nd gen firestick, Kodi 17.3, with Misfit Mods HardNox build. I do not want to upgrade to 17.4 yet because it doesn't work with the HardNox build her they say & I really like the build. But I see other people ha ing the same issue with Covenant that I have who are on other systems. I have reinstalled Covenant also & it is definitely the 1.1.11 version. Other add ons play movies fine, but I really liked using Covenant. Can anyone help?

TonyH

• +39/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 11:23:46 am »
Here is what I would do if having the same problems.
Uninstall Covenant from the context menu/information/remove.
Then using a program like adblink, I would check the kodi addons folder and the userdata folder and remove anything associated with Covenant.
Then exit kodi with the power button, not force close, or go to the amazon home screen, use power button/exit, or whatever sequence you need to use in your skin/build.
Then from the amazon home screen, go to settings/apps/manage installed apps/kodi/clear cache.
Then I would install the latest version of Covenant and see if it works.
If the above didn't work I would repeat the steps but I would just delete the Covenant folders from kodi addons and userdata folders first instead of uninstalling first.
Don't know if that's going to fix it, but that's what I would be doing, good luck!