KodiTips Forums

using android box at a different ip address

mygiga

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
using android box at a different ip address
« on: August 23, 2017, 09:54:18 am »
I was wondering if anyone knows if I can use my mi box at a different address? i want to take my box to a friends house and show them the players klub but I dont know if it will work at a different ip address any info would be awesome THANK YOU MYGIGA

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: using android box at a different ip address
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 11:08:55 am »
It should work fine as long as you didn't give the box a static IP on your network and something on his network is using that IP. If you don't understand what I'm talking about, it most likely will work fine as the box will obtain an IP from the router it gets connected to.

hatrix

• +27/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 11:37:05 am »
isnt players klub premium iptv?
if so, check with them. Alot of premium iptv providers restrict you to single ip/connection per account.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »
i may be wrong on players klub, but usually stuff like that works on the account and as long as they don't see multiple logins using the same credentials they let it go...

most residential providers are running on ip's that are assigned to either your profile/cable modem or ip's assigned to the switch your connected in the case of providers using the phone infrastructure... so your ip may change at times anyways... so usually their radius or management software will monitor the log-in credentials and watch it for multiple logins...

still tho it don't hurt to call and ask them...

mygiga

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 07:39:46 am »
i may be wrong on players klub, but usually stuff like that works on the account and as long as they don't see multiple logins using the same credentials they let it go...

most residential providers are running on ip's that are assigned to either your profile/cable modem or ip's assigned to the switch your connected in the case of providers using the phone infrastructure... so your ip may change at times anyways... so usually their radius or management software will monitor the log-in credentials and watch it for multiple logins...

still tho it don't hurt to call and ask them...
I TRIED but get no answers even sent there ticket. I like the site but not there support or forums thats why i tried here atleast I got some answers THANKS TO ALL AT KODITIPS
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:54:01 am by mygiga »

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 05:42:20 pm »
Was fixing a box for someone last night that was using their service and he said he had no problem doing so when he had the free account but when he upgraded to the cheap pay account he had to go into his account and shut off the static retain log info which stops the box from logging in using the store info in their profile for your membership info that way you should get the opportunity to manually log in thus overwriting their stored info with the old ip info ...

I don't use them so i can't say for sure but thought i would pass on what he had to say...

on another note he said there support really sucked which is why he know longer uses them...