KodiTips Forums

Covenant auto select stream

seahawk789

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant auto select stream
« on: August 23, 2017, 11:41:55 pm »
Hi all,
I have general question regarding the auto stream selection behavior by Covenant addon in Kodi 17.3.
When I select a stream and play, sometimes if the stream has any issues, it jumps to the next one and keeps going until it gets a good one.

My question is, is there a way to stop this auto selection and manually select next stream if first one is no good. The problem with auto selection is that covenant selects sometimes HEVC streams which doesn't play well in amazon stick. So i want to manually select the h.264 version.
Appreciate your help.

Iggs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant auto select stream
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:49:19 am »
Go to "Tools" > "Playback" > "Default action"

seahawk789

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 07:25:58 pm »
Go to "Tools" > "Playback" > "Default action"

Hi. But under default action, even if I select "directory", when I select a stream and if its not available Covenant automatically jumps to next available stream. Is there no way select  the next available stream as well manually?

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »
as far as manually bringing the link selection box back up after trying just the one you pick i'm not sure if the way its coded it will do a single link scan and immediately pop back to the selection list without code modification... i know theres a few parameters that can be played with in the covenant tools setup area and what the urlresolver defaults are that you can try and play with... things like max resolution cap and auto pick best resolution and auto start on somethings...

thats assuming i'm understanding what your asking properly...

broknsymetry

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 12:09:54 pm »
My question is, is there a way to stop this auto selection and manually select next stream if first one is no good. The problem with auto selection is that covenant selects sometimes HEVC streams which doesn't play well in amazon stick. So i want to manually select the h.264 version.
Appreciate your help.

Yes, select the stream source you wish to test, call up the context menu and select "information", if the info dialog shows the H.264 logo then press the play button on the dialog, if the stream won't play for some reason you are returned to the sources menu, repeat as necessary.

N.B.: If your info dialog does not display a "play" button (it does in the skin I use) then cancel the dialog and call up the context menu again for the chosen source and select "play".