KodiTips Forums

Access folders for background

K4Me

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Access folders for background
« on: August 25, 2017, 03:32:25 pm »
I have the same build on an PC & Android TV box. It uses the Aeon Nox skin. On the PC I can change the background for one of the Menu items, but on the Android box "Select background, single image" only offers the location of a repo and my SD card.

How do I get it authorized to my "userdata/Backgrounds" where is image has been placed?

TonyH

• +39/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Access folders for background
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:44:45 pm »
On aeon nox I believe you need to set up a source. Just like adding an address to a repo, go to file manager and add source, then browse to your background folder location, name it and save it. You should see that new source from the skin settings now. Let me know how it works for you

K4Me

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Access folders for background
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:22:48 am »
On aeon nox I believe you need to set up a source. Just like adding an address to a repo, go to file manager and add source, then browse to your background folder location, name it and save it. You should see that new source from the skin settings now. Let me know how it works for you
Yep, that did it. It took some searching as the folder required is found under "External storage" which did not sound like the where the files would be, but that was the last choice when all other failed. It is strange that aeon nox would include the micro SD card (did not have to add it ss one of the sources) but not main file system. Anyway I have learned something new. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 12:24:41 am by K4Me »