KodiTips Forums

how to get new episodes ?

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
how to get new episodes ?
« on: August 26, 2017, 10:56:46 am »
Iv been trying to figure this for ages and ages but just can not figure how to get my widgets to show next/unwatched episodes.

I used to just use specto, add my TV shows to its library, and use skin widget helper to add next episodes to the widgets. This worked great.

Now i cant use specto so iv tried the following:-

Covenant , add to library, next episodes widget (this fails because, quote from r/addons4kodi = "As of now, the new episodes are added the day after they got aired, unfortunately. This has been an issue since library integration was implemented in Exodus." )

Covenant ,  use TrakT "My TV Shows" , Progress. But again after waiting a day noting showed up because  "As of now, the new episodes are added the day after they got aired, unfortunately. This has been an issue since library integration was implemented in Exodus."

I tried Elysium, This has an "add to library" but does not actually have a library ??? no library setting and looking in the library path its empty storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.elysium/  EMPTY (No TV shows or Movies library) !
Elysium also has no Trakt integration.

I looked at supper favourites as some mentioned using it but i couldn't figure how they used it to do what im trying to do :(

Iv just installed Genesis Reborn, I have setup trakt "My Genesis Reborn TV Shows > Progress as a widget but will have to wait until tomorrow to see if newly added episodes actually show on on my widgets.

Also noticed that again Genesis has no library ?

Can someone please tell me how they setup their system to show "next up" TV episodes on the widgets !

p.s. im using Aeon nox but should not make much difference to this question.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:01:18 am by JackDinn »

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: how to get new episodes ?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:08:59 am »
Im still at it.

I found i could use MetalliQ to gain use of the libraries of both Elysium & Genesis Reborn, it integrates all the addons libraries into MetalliQ's library.

I added all my TV shows into the MetalliQ library but now they are all showing up 24 hours early !

In the settings of MetalliQ it has "Episode-aired-offset in days (airdate = today - offset)"

Info found on this setting :- http://bestforkodi.com/inside-metalliq-kodi-addon-great-developers-openeleq/

v2.0.7

Added offset-option for episode-airdates (can prevent episodes showing up in your library early)

i tried changing this setting but it does not seem to make any difference to when the new episodes come up , they always come up 24 hours early.

Someone must know how to have widgets show new/unwatched episodes on the right day (not 24 hours early or 24 hours late). I dont care if its using libraries, TrakT or super-favourites or which addon its using just as long as it works.

Please assist , Thank you.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:24:38 pm »
not that this is the answer but i've seen a fair amount of other posts online reqarding getting the episodes to display in the proper time frame and i think theres a couple of different issues going on...

1, was i've seen others saying the source sites aren't putting up the links in the same time frame in some cases depending on the plug-in and sources your trying to pull from...

2, which i think is more likely the cause is theres been a few changes in kodi moving up into 17 and higher and some pertain to the databases and how they get triggered to refresh when kodi's running... I use my own linuz distro simliar to what OpenElec and its spin offs use and found i had to write a service that gets started when the system comes up that let me create a call that i use to ensure the plug-ins and scrapers refresh properly... Kodi once its up and running in some cases doesn't always update things when you want and theres been a few changes in its API i think that affect when things get refreshed... i know in the old Jarvis i never had to have that service but noticed it when i moved my builds up into Krypton and higher...

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:54:39 pm »
Yea you are definitely correct in the changes after Jarvis. I was using Jarvis for at least a year with Specto, its library and the "next episode"  from the "skin service helper widget" and that was it, it worked for over a year.

Since the "crack down" debacle i decided it was about time i removed everything and started a fresh. I updated to Krypton 17.3 (and now on 17.4)  and i must say iv had nothing but problems with the widgets not updating or having wrong info or just not doing what they are supposed to be, well not the same as they used to anyhow. I had to install the callbacks script to force the film widgets to update on a timer basis which i never had to do before and i also had to look at the timed library auto updater script which i also never had to use before.

I did not expect the TV episodes in the libraries not to work though, iv been on this particular problem for far to long now , my system is in a right muddle and im going round in circles :( (not a problem its all backed up) but its stressing me out.

I assumed that using the TrakT integration like MetalliQ>TV shows>Use your TrakT>Next episodes (TrakT collection)  OR Covenant>My TV Shows>Progress should have shown my actual TrakT "Up next to watch" list which is always correct but unfortunately they just do not, even with the TrakT addon installed and syncing everything.

EDIT :-

The problem seems to be that on kodi every addon says the aired date is 1 day before what TrakT says the aired date actually is , like if you look at GOT 07E07 Trakt says air date is 28th but TMDB says its the 27th

https://trakt.tv/shows/game-of-thrones/seasons/7/episodes/7
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1399-game-of-thrones/season/7/episode/7

Im at a loss, Id hate to think this might be the first time i ever give up on something, but for now i shall keep banging my head against that wall.

Thx for your response.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:13:48 pm by JackDinn »

flhthemi

• +11/-1
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:05:39 am »
In SALTS isn't there a setting to compensate for this? General>Calendar Start Day?

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 12:22:52 pm »
I have not tried salts for quite a while , i suspect if i did install salts that its library would be integrated into MetalliQ's library anyhow, but odd thing is MetalliQ already has this setting :-

v2.0.7
"Episode-aired-offset in days (airdate = today - offset)"
Added offset-option for episode-airdates (can prevent episodes showing up in your library early)

I shall take a look anyhow , iv got plenty of power (Nvidia shield) so whilst im trying to figure this out im just installing all sorts of addons and scripts. If i figure it i shall start a fresh install, if i cant figure it i might even just go back to Jarvis.

JackDinn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 03:50:07 am »
In SALTS isn't there a setting to compensate for this? General>Calendar Start Day?

After checking SALTS for a week or so I am very pleased with it, they have done a lot of work on it since I last took a look and even better than that it's the only addon that I can actually get to show new episodes correctly and on the right day !

Its very fast at resolving urls once RD alluc & sources are setup. Thank you very much for suggesting I try it, it's my main addon for film and TV now.