KodiTips Forums

!!

Sign up for a free KodiTips forum account and discuss Kodi tips and tricks. Get help for your Kodi problems and join in the conversation today.

trying to install 17.4

Karen 613

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
trying to install 17.4
« on: August 29, 2017, 09:04:22 am »
i am helping a friend with their Zoomtak H8Plus box. I did a factory reset then updated firmware, which included updating and kodi 16.1 to 17.3. I have downloaded from kodi site v. 17.4 and the file is in the directory, but it starts to install but does not finish. Any idea  what I need to do?  thanks in advance

flhthemi

• +22/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: trying to install 17.4
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 09:19:11 am »
Long shot but...

Is the Kodi install file the correct one for your box? Try getting it from google's playstore.
Is the Kodi install file on an external card or is it in the internal storage of the device. Sometimes some versions of Android just won't let you install from or copy files to the external sdcard using anything other than the file manager that came stock with the device.
Maybe the downloading of the Kodi install file wasn't complete or a good download, things happen.

Android version must be above V5.0, which it must be if you already had any version of 17. on it