KodiTips Forums

Fire stick kodi questions

Kstring7

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Fire stick kodi questions
« on: September 01, 2017, 07:03:11 pm »
Hello everyone, just a couple of questions because I have tried everything that I can find on getting this to work. I have the latest fire stick and kodi 17.4 installed on it, I  have a kodi no limits server running on it at the moment. Now when I set up the no limit server covenant and many other add ons I have seen mentioned on the forum are already installed; but they will not work. I do not have a vpn installed at the moment but would that solve the problems I am having? I apologize for the questions I have searched the forum since I made the account and have not found a thing just trying to get it to work so I don't have to pay my ridiculous cable bill anymore.

GayatoYana

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Fire stick kodi questions
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 03:07:49 am »
You can use the optional Mozilla Firefox VPN.

TonyH

• +39/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 10:19:21 am »
It sounds like you are installing a build with a couple of good addons, but with bad/outdated sources so they are not getting updated. A couple of things you can do,
1) Install relevant sources and remove old non working ones for your addons so they can update.
2) Install a different more up to date build.
3) Install kodi and then install just the addons you want one at a time

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 09:11:09 pm »
I would take TonyH's 3rd suggestion and just reinstall kodi and then one by one add in only the plug-ins you want and follow the suggestions on the site here for the ones you choose...

Then maybe someplace down the road when your more comfortable with a working system start looking at the idea of a build if you decide thats something that you really want...

As far as a VPN goes... until you get a working system with the plugins you want and see how well they work without a vpn you can then decide if you want to go down that road... A vpn is really only going to help you protect your identity, something like Real Debrid would be a better idea if you need to improve your performance in getting better links...

Kstring7

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 11:40:51 pm »
That's what I figured I should do, any tips on how I should go about it or just follow the video I watched originally? Thanks guys for the help really appreciated.