KodiTips Forums

A few quetions about Covenant API Keys

gary777

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
A few quetions about Covenant API Keys
« on: September 03, 2017, 02:52:52 pm »
Hi, I'll get to the point. I need a api key for Cov. I see under ely's tmdb it says api key. In cov it just says api. Does this mean ely has a api code, it seems to be working OK.

Is there a preferred place to get an api for cov, also can I use the same api key for both cov & ely.

Thank you....

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
Re: A few quetions about Covenant API Keys
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:22:54 pm »
Hi, I'll get to the point. I need a api key for Cov. I see under ely's tmdb it says api key. In cov it just says api. Does this mean ely has a api code, it seems to be working OK.

Is there a preferred place to get an api for cov, also can I use the same api key for both cov & ely.

Thank you....

If your talking about TMDB API as you stated in your question, then yes, the same API key can be used in multiple addons. You need to go to the THDB website to obtain your own personal API

gary777

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:05:31 pm »
Thank you Tony, I'll use the same code. Now for the other devices with the same addons can I use the same code?

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:02:47 pm »
yes you can use the same API for any device. The problems lately with Elysium were that the addon was updated with a new API key and everyone who updated Elysium and uses it was using the same key, too many people, so the key got banned. Thats why its a good idea to have your own and save it for future updates/addons ect

oswalt0

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 03:42:38 pm »
Get an alluc.ee API key also, I just got one today and I have had more real-debrid and regular links come back in spades. Wish I would have signed up a year ago was just to lazy.