KodiTips Forums

Icefilms

pd8

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Icefilms
« on: September 06, 2017, 05:19:39 am »
hello: I cannot get icefilms to work.  It was working fine before the Summer. Now every time I try to load content I get: "Icefilms error: check log for more information" 
I am using kodi 17.4 and icefilms 1.99.73
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
Re: Icefilms
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 09:15:45 pm »
seeing as your saying it was before the summer the 1st place i'd start is to make sure any of the dependancies your using have been updated to repo's other then Tvaddons... They were taken down awhile back so i'd start by eliminating any references to any plug-in dependancies from there as they are now gone... then you may need to uninstall icefilms and re-install it again which should make it pickup anything it needs thats newer... try starting there and see how you make out...

pd8

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 07:17:39 pm »
Hello Buzz,
thanks for the suggestions. I checked the log and it seems there are some issues with urlresolver - so I think I have been able to update it with a new version.  I have uninstalled TVaddons - I am not sure which other repos should be deleted.
Which repo is best to keep if I want to re-install icefilms?
Thanks. 

Use2pay4cable

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:16:30 am »
Hello Buzz,
thanks for the suggestions. I checked the log and it seems there are some issues with urlresolver - so I think I have been able to update it with a new version.  I have uninstalled TVaddons - I am not sure which other repos should be deleted.
Which repo is best to keep if I want to re-install icefilms?
Thanks.
    icefilms is in the smash repo, but it currently is not working

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 02:11:17 pm »
thanx.. glad you posted that as i've not used IceFilms since Eldorado days and wasn't sure if there was a current working version or not...

pd8

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 08:42:30 am »
Thanks for letting me know that it is not working.  Now I know it is not something I can fix locally.  I hope it comes back again, there are some features about it that I like, particularly when downloading tv shows, icefilms not only lists the season and episode number, it also lists the title of the episode.  I like that feature and wish some of the other addons would list the title too.

EdT

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 02:05:28 pm »
Why is Icefilms even in the SMASH repo if it is not working ?
Icefilms,1Channel and Navi-X are probably the oldest of all the add-ons and is considered like bread and butter in a build and to see them broken like now is sad !  :(