KodiTips Forums

Picasso

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
Picasso
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:18:30 am »
Picasso needs a pin code to work but after some time that one is using it, it asks for a pin code AGAIN and AGAIN!

How ridiculous!

Any solution please?

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Picasso
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 07:14:44 am »
Anyone please ??

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:04:49 am »
im pretty sure goliath has integrated that on purpose and i don't know how one could circumvent it.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 10:37:05 am »

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 12:03:10 pm »
Thanks Tony - seems that he's charging 14 Sterling a month for people to access this addon!!

Hope i'm wrong!

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 12:17:12 pm »
Thanks Tony - seems that he's charging 14 Sterling a month for people to access this addon!!

Hope i'm wrong!
shouldn't have to pay anything to use the addon. i believe you just need to enter a pin every 4 hours. apparently to keep server loads down.
https://twitter.com/Goliath_Evolve/status/904952276497948672
https://twitter.com/Goliath_Evolve/status/904246506437345280

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 12:30:36 pm »
@ hatrix

It's not like that - it keeps asking me for a pin every 5 mins or so, or after i get out of one of the sub-sections.

Someone wrote to him on Twitter on these lines:

Would it be an option that you only have to put pin in once??
Maybe even once a day? Had to do it 3 times just to go back to different menu.

And that's exactly what's happening to me!

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »
hmm, ill go bug him

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 02:41:21 pm »
He's not believing people who are writing to him saying the same thing!

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 04:37:08 am »
Unfortunately he's now blocked me from his Twitter status so i can't explain any further that this is REALLY happening!

He's got a very good addon but he does have these problems when the addon asks us to go and get a pin after 5 mins or after accessing one of the compartments - you then try goin to another compartment but it asks for a pin again. I've got no interest in saying these things if they were not TRUE!

It's up to him - like me some others are deleting the addon and we go to others which work well.

kodidave

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 12:48:12 pm »

Why bother with such rubbish?
Bennu, Covenant, Exodus.
Keep it simple.
Bennu should win some sort of national
award just for it's Live HD TV streaming. ;)

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 01:52:52 pm »
Ya i'm not sure what he's now doing... Ive seen others complaining on a couple of private forums and theres been a few discussions about the pin thing not working right and people looking into finding a way to hack it... the plug-ins ok, but definitely not worth the time trying to hack it as theres better ones already out there...

Surely tho i hope he's not dumb enough to start asking for money for a stupid plug-in, otherwise he might as well paint a big red dot on his back if he's a resident of the US, Can, UK as those countries are already going down the road of legally going after people making money off what they deem as Digital Rights violations... one would think people learned enough of watching whats currently going on with Adam and the TVaddon's mess to realize that just being tied up in court while this is all deemed legal or not is not something thats worth the few bux someone is gonna make off a stupid plug-in... just go track down and ask Adam how much fun he's having...

sarah

• +9/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 02:15:00 pm »
@ Buzz / kodidave

The thing is he placed this stupid pin code access to his addon and for a number of persons it's giving problems and frequent re-asking for a pin code - it gets you swearing and you end up giving up on it !

What's worse is he does not believe that some people are getting these frequent pin code messages!

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 03:38:09 pm »
@ Buzz / kodidave

The thing is he placed this stupid pin code access to his addon and for a number of persons it's giving problems and frequent re-asking for a pin code - it gets you swearing and you end up giving up on it !

What's worse is he does not believe that some people are getting these frequent pin code messages!

Ya i can relate... Over the years i have been involved in a ton of projects where stuff gets released to the public and have been on both sides of the coin on stuff like this... to be fair to him i would say as i'm sure hes already aware of but it can be extremely tough to create something that has to run on a multitude of basically unique systems without having bugs... but on the other side of the coin i to know how frustrating something like this can be... its like gambing in someways as you start out wanting to get something up and running and when it doesn't you start investing more time trying to find and fix the issues till you get to the point your pissed off and now have wasted a bunch of time and got nothing... lol...

These days i think there is a lot of people releasing code publicly for money and social standing that on one hand may be ok coders but really lack the personality skills to handle complaints or criticism of there stuff, and when they do they turn to cynical responses of dis-belief and its always the complainants fault... its a easy trap to fall into as things like coding up a plug-in probably takes less overall time to create then the amount of time that one has to invest in dealing with complaints and issues...

I've been there, done that, somemany times over the years that i just stick to doing my own thing and no longer openly release stuff, i would sooner spend my time creating then having to deal with the public and the time one needs to invest in that... Its not that i wouldn't want to release stuff , is just a time thing... being involved in a group thing is different as usually theres others that are better suited and actually like dealing with the public is a good way but it seems like theres a lot more individual guys and less groups around (at least publicly) so the chances of running into some coder acting the way he is with you and others...

I can't say for sure, but the pin code thing may be the result of the way his hosting was setup... i know matsbuild was UK hosted at one point in time but the picasso thing looks like its being hosted in the United Emerites so maybe it has something to do with meeting some requirement the hoster wanted met...