KodiTips Forums

extracting m3u8 stream from addon?

atropos

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
extracting m3u8 stream from addon?
« on: September 10, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »
Hello,

I've tried extracting the stream "NBC Golf" from the Bennu addon. I went to the kodi.log file and it says the URL for the stream is "http://tvegolf-i.Akamaihd.net/hls/live/218225/golfx/master.m3u8|X-Forwarded-For=8.10.88.88". If I try, however, to play it in VLC or any other m3u8 player it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

RodgerB

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
Re: extracting m3u8 stream from addon?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:14:26 pm »
These streams are probably titled with EXT: or something like that so not likely to work with a http...Cheers.

atropos

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 04:36:07 pm »
I couldn't see anything about EXT. so is there no way to play this stream outside of KODI?

RodgerB

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 05:32:36 pm »
I gave it a good try in pastebin.com, and used #EXTINF:....and pasted and copied raw in to Live Streams pro , it was accepted however the stream was blank. If your thing is grabbing streams, try a pastebin tutorial. It's really neat but tricky to learn.. Cheers.

atropos

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:24 pm »
Thank you for giving it a try! I have also tried it out with pastebin but it all makes no sense for me how this works :) I assume getting the stream out of Kodi isn't really possible or very hard to do.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 02:22:58 pm »
You can use programs like URL snooper and wireshark to get the links to streams from addons running in kodi. URL snooper is fairly easy to use, whereas wireshark is really complicated if you are new to using it.

atropos

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »
Thanks a ton, this is what I was looking for!

When you activate a streaming channel in Kodi, do you always connecting to the same URL or does the channel of the addon always look for an update to the URL?

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 12:33:48 am »
Live channels change quite often, the addon will consistently show the same channel but the link could have changed. Keeping your personal xml list up to date is time consuming imo.
One tip, I've found that iptv sub links last longer, but your paying for the sub to begin with.
Noobs and nerds have a couple of addon templates that are easy to set up. The playlist one is nice because you can easily change between a local or online xml list.

Buzz Marshall

• +16/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 06:12:52 pm »
IPTV subs usually last longer because whoever is running that service is taking care of the tedious work of keeping the links working by either doing it themselves or by paying someone...

Anyone can find links with a bit of understanding, but as TonyH said its time consuming to keep them up and working...

IPTV is kinda split into 2 categories as theres the original ones that required the user to use a set top box with proprietary code to deliver the sub stream to the end user with decent quality and reliability...  but then over the years IPTV providers going after the cheaper box market via the use of Kodi plugins seemed to have popped up everywhere... The quality of the plug-in type of IPTV providers seems to be up and down all over the map... some seem to work pretty good while others are totally unpredictable from day to day and usually poor quality...  The best ones generally are run by people able to handle the code and work required to keep the service up and working decently while others are just business ventures where someones paying someone else to keep the system working and usually at some point pisses off the coders which ends up leaving subscribed users stuck while the owner decides what to do to fix things up... there are a fair amount of providers setup like that because of a small group of coders that provide that service to someone looking to setup their own IPTV business...

Its always best to always ask around and only purchase a service based on feedback from someone thats actually using that particular service...

Links in general are based on static links coded into the webpage source your scraping from, so everytime that webpage gets updated or refreshed by the owners you run the risk of the links being referred to by the plugin getting changed or dropped... so its either up to someone to manually keep updating things as they change or you need to setup some type of system to automatically watch the web code on the target sites for changes and then out put updated links that end up getting picked up by the plugin your using...

Wiresharks a good one to use but probably above the average joes willingness to learn as it can be quite a pain to learn all of the ins and outs of it... Urlsnooper is worth looking at or if your into linux theres a few older sources based on python that can be customized into what you want... ngrep on linux works for grabbing links as well...

broknsymetry

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:26:00 pm »
Hello,

I've tried extracting the stream "NBC Golf" from the Bennu addon. I went to the kodi.log file and it says the URL for the stream is "http://tvegolf-i.Akamaihd.net/hls/live/218225/golfx/master.m3u8|X-Forwarded-For=8.10.88.88". If I try, however, to play it in VLC or any other m3u8 player it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Why go to all the trouble of looking through the log for Bennu links?  Bennu's xml file used to populate the main menu can be found here: https://pastebin.com/raw/VVFy5QQR.  Just follow the url listed in the GetLSProData functions for the sub-menu you want until you arrive at the m3u page.