KodiTips Forums

I'm having major buffering issues

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
I'm having major buffering issues
« on: September 10, 2017, 04:13:09 pm »
Trying watch me some football and I'm having major buffering issues.  I'm trying to use Made In Canada, my internet speed is 150mbsp and I'm using a android box.

Are there any tweaks or settings I should change?  Typically I don't watch live tv so it's never been a real concern. 

Also when it does seem to play fine the dream will just stop.  Doesn't freeze it just quits and goes back to made in Canada channel screen

Thx
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:16:28 pm by Dsotm »

RodgerB

• +20/-7
    • View Profile
Re: I'm having major buffering issues
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 05:40:42 pm »
For android, load Ares wizard ( source http://ares-repo.eu ) then go into tweaks and let the wizard adjust your advanced xml settings, then go into Kodi / system/ settings/player/ video/ and ensure that "allow hardware acceleration" is on, then set "enable HQ scalers is set to 40%,...All this may help buffering, there are no sure things in streaming. Also , try Sports Devil addon, it has many good streams. Sometime a hunt is the only way to find stable streams...Cheers.

Dsotm

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:47:21 pm »
For android, load Ares wizard ( source http://ares-repo.eu ) then go into tweaks and let the wizard adjust your advanced xml settings, then go into Kodi / system/ settings/player/ video/ and ensure that "allow hardware acceleration" is on, then set "enable HQ scalers is set to 40%,...All this may help buffering, there are no sure things in streaming. Also , try Sports Devil addon, it has many good streams. Sometime a hunt is the only way to find stable streams...Cheers.

Thx.  I do have ares and have done the tweak.  I will try you other suggestions

Deggsy56

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 11:18:48 am »
With 150mpbs u shouldn't need to tweak anything!! Unreliable sources is the problem. I have a constant 37mpbs max. Never a problem now for live sports. You just need a reliable provider. (ie a sports subscription) Sportsdevil rarely works and the ISPs block it mostly. Bob Unleashed is not too bad tho.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 06:28:50 pm »
LiveTv in general can be a bit dicy depending on where you are and who your provider is, but that said one would think that with a 150mbps service you should not need to tweak your advanced settings file...

Personally i don't put much faith in wizards like Ares as they can cause as many problems as they fix... Ares Wiz tweak tool is based on math and thats not always the best thing depending on your system... 

If your not having any major issues streaming movies and that kinda stuff but you are with LiveTV i'd be inclined to think your getting poor source feeds or something along them lines as others have suggested...

As well check Kodi's log and see if the streams dropping and closing or if theres something else going on with the plug-in and why its kicking you out like that... that would be the first place i'd start looking for glues...

RodgerB

• +20/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:03:08 am »
A sneaky trick for the advanced settings. After letting Ares tweak your settings, write them down, then unintall Ares and use the settings with "Easy Advanced Settings". It keeps your box slim and trim..Also another buffering tip, use only wired connections, it could help. Cheers.