KodiTips Forums

elysium download movie fire tv issue, help!

wunderwhat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
elysium download movie fire tv issue, help!
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:54:16 pm »
Hey guys. So elysium works great. I am able to watch all of the movies and shows that i'd like and have no problems with kodi or it in general. I'm gonna be leaving town soon and will have no internet so i thought it would be cool to download movies onto my fire TV through kodi/elysium so while im out of town i have free entertainment. I ended up finding out how to enable downloading in elysium, i changed the playback option to directory, and i created two folders: one for movies, and one for TV shows. I decided to run a test trial and download a random movie to make sure it was working as intended. it gave me updates every 10% and when it was finished it told me so. so i went looking for the downloads folder inside elysium and it wasnt there. So i opened ES file explorer and looked for the download manually. Nope, not there. Did a search on the internal(even though the download path wasn't in the internal drive) and i also searched through the SD card which is where the path was selected. Im using a brand new fire TV, with a 200 gb sd card, which is where im attempting to download the movies to. Any help would be awesome. thanks.

TonyH

• +28/-3
    • View Profile
Re: elysium download movie fire tv issue, help!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:58:31 am »
Have you confirmed your sd card can be read/written to by the fire tv? The card needs to be formatted with the FAT32 file system. I don't have firsthand knowledge downloading using addons, but there are some great posts here on the forums on the subject.

wunderwhat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: elysium download movie fire tv issue, help!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 03:22:44 pm »
Have you confirmed your sd card can be read/written to by the fire tv? The card needs to be formatted with the FAT32 file system. I don't have firsthand knowledge downloading using addons, but there are some great posts here on the forums on the subject.

Well when i put the SD card in for the first time i believe it mentioned something about having to format, and i allowed it to do so. It has apps from the Fire TV store downloaded on it, if that answers your question. Would you mind linking me some posts about the topic, had a really hard time finding any knowledge bases about the subject, and hence ran to this forum.