KodiTips Forums

videos wont play

ed99

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
videos wont play
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:31:23 am »
Hi,

i have an android box 'Mini M8S.'  Very rarely am I able to get anything to play on it through any of the most popular Kodi add ons.  I'm not sure if Kodi or the add ons are the issue though, or if I just have a lemon of an android box.

I also have a Samsung TabS2 and it very easily plays everything through Kodi add ons with out a problem.  I have wifi speed (tested) of 40+mbs and all other wifi enabled devices in my home work with out any issues at all. 

Anyone have any suggestions of what I might be able to do to get my android box working efficiently?

TonyH

• +39/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: videos wont play
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:05:58 am »
Need more info, what version of kodi? What addons? When it does work, what addon, what movie?

ed99

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:34:30 am »
kodi 17.4
I have barely gotten anything to play on any add on.  I recently got Interstellar to play through covenant but even it was buffering frequently. 
I have tried playing movies and shows through covenant, elysium, and bennu and i get lots of options for streams to watch, but when it comes to actually playing them they just dont work. 
Like I said, everything works fine on my tablet, but nothing on the android box. 

hope that is helpful info.

TonyH

• +39/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 01:21:23 pm »
What do you mean by "won't work"?
Buffering, bad picture, movie freezes, won't play?

ed99

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 03:00:47 pm »
I mean it just wont play.  Sometimes it will start and play for like 10 seconds and then begins to buffer every 10 seconds. 
But i would estimate 95% of the time when you select a source to watch from it 'thinks' for 30 - 90 seconds and then just returns to the screen with all the source options. 

TonyH

• +39/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 06:32:47 pm »
Do you have both video player input stream options enabled?
A quick search and I found this video showing how to,