KodiTips Forums

Covenant looks like working but won't play

Esperanza568

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant looks like working but won't play
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:11:08 pm »
Covenant installed well, loads show menus and providers, loads the show, but when it comes up it shows the show is playing (the timer at the bottom keeps moving and the status bar moves to the right like it is really playing) but the show stays on the opening black screen and there is no sound.  It seems like everything is working like it should but the shows are not really playing. Please help! Ps. We are in Mexico if that makes any difference.

TonyH

• +39/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant looks like working but won't play
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:20:54 pm »
This was an issue for a lot of people. I can't remember any of the many fixes at the moment, but if you google kodi black screen no sound, there is a lot of info to read. I can check later when I'm home

Esperanza568

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:46:57 pm »
When I click on the status bar and try to start the show from the 10 minute mark the picture will show up but it will remain frozen there and the timer and status bar will continue to show it is playing but the picture never moves and the sound doesn't work.

TonyH

• +39/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:41:49 pm »
Yep, sounds exactly the same...

Esperanza568

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:26:42 pm »
I googled it and did a couple of things I found but it still is not working. I restarted Kodi twice after making the changes and it still is doing the same thing.

TonyH

• +39/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 10:03:48 am »
What couple things did you try?
Try this,

Esperanza568

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 01:15:27 pm »
Yes. I tried that and it still isn't working. I have 17.4. I don't know if this is a new issue or not.
It is the same for both exodus and covenant.

Esperanza568

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 01:39:30 pm »
Restarted the whole system, IT WORKS!!!! Thank you so much for your help  :D

TonyH

• +39/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 02:53:14 pm »
Glad you got it going👍🏼

rfague

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 06:07:20 pm »
A neighbor told me about Kodi a while back so I bought a T95M 4K running Jarvis. It worked ok at first but then Exodus died, so I added the so-called replacement for Exodus, Covenant. I am now wasting hours trying to get this stupid box to work, only to find that half the damned addons don't work even if I'm lucky enough to get them to install.

I am rapidly losing patience with these android boxes, they seem like tinkertoy time suckers for people who have nothing better to do than fidget with crappy addons that work inconsistently at best.

Exodus worked better than any of the other addons and I'm now stuck trying to figure out how to get Covenant to work better since it usually only brings back three providers, two of which consistently don't work.

I may have to go to Hulu Plus or PS Vue because this Kodi platform is overly complicated, works inconsistently, and throws completely new problems at users all the time, such as wondering where the hell KDPlayer went after a factory reset, which happened while I'm typing this post.

I give up, I am done, enough is enough and I've wasted too much time screwing around with this nonsense.

Citygirl32

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 06:45:34 pm »

You have to update to krypton 17.4.  Jarvis is old and not supported.  Most addons are configured to work with krypton.   Just goto Google play and reinstall kodi.  You'll  have a differing skin with krypton, you can change it back to confluence and all your old settings under confluence will come back.

A neighbor told me about Kodi a while back so I bought a T95M 4K running Jarvis. It worked ok at first but then Exodus died, so I added the so-called replacement for Exodus, Covenant. I am now wasting hours trying to get this stupid box to work, only to find that half the damned addons don't work even if I'm lucky enough to get them to install.

I am rapidly losing patience with these android boxes, they seem like tinkertoy time suckers for people who have nothing better to do than fidget with crappy addons that work inconsistently at best.

Exodus worked better than any of the other addons and I'm now stuck trying to figure out how to get Covenant to work better since it usually only brings back three providers, two of which consistently don't work.

I may have to go to Hulu Plus or PS Vue because this Kodi platform is overly complicated, works inconsistently, and throws completely new problems at users all the time, such as wondering where the hell KDPlayer went after a factory reset, which happened while I'm typing this post.

I give up, I am done, enough is enough and I've wasted too much time screwing around with this nonsense.

flhthemi

• +11/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 07:51:51 pm »

SO I wonder...did you want some help or are you just venting your frustration and you really are done with the whole mess?