KodiTips Forums

Can't Download From Covenant

imlost

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Can't Download From Covenant
« on: September 15, 2017, 01:49:04 am »
I can't download anything from Covenant. I've set up download folders, done that playback thing that I needed to do, all that stuff. When I click download, it says "No Stream Available" even though I've checked to make sure that the stream is working? Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

MellieBlue

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Download From Covenant
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:10:44 am »
I'm having the same problem.  All of a sudden nothing will play on my android box. Have covenant, updated, reinstalled, we've done everything we can think of but we click on a move title or t.v show and just get nothing or it will search and then we get no streams available. Is covenant down? How can I fix this?

flhthemi

• +10/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:12:01 am »
As I have read elsewhere, some British ISP's have blocked the sites these addons use. If that's the case for you guys you'll probably need to obtain a VPN service. But you didn't say what your location is....so...

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile

sarah

• +10/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 11:36:08 am »
Thanks Tony - interesting article which gives us more info about what's going on.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:06:45 am »
Even VPNs these days aren't as effective in getting around port or ip blocking as they used to... VPN's being used basically to get around geo-blocking is less effective as countries like the UK start requiring other conditions to be met as they try and lock things down... I find from here in North America that popping out on a Vpn in the UK is less effective as streams seem to open and then drop once something spots the consistant stream... So even if i was in the UK and used a VPN from within the UK i would eventually get picked up by the same mechanism(just for a different reason)...

The only real value left in having a VPN these days is in the encrypted tunnel it lets you create, but as far actually hiding its less effective without using a couple of vpn providers end to end to force the tracers to have to go thru a hop and get lost... anyways thats a different subject...

Regarding blocking tho its not very hard with todays tools for anyone in the right place within the network infrastructure to monitor traffic and come to spot the ip blocks that typically are given to huge corps or schools or vpn providers and then trace ownership of the ip blocks to who they were issued to... with that its easy for them to know whos on a vpn and which vpn company it is... so even tho they may not see for sure what the plaintext or traffic contents are its pretty easy to equate what its purpose is based on the known ips of the media servers or index/link servers...

The other thing they probably can spot fairly easy is based on the fact that pretty much all of the real popular plug-ins people are using all rely on using a common url resolver is funnelling requests from all those known media or link servers, once again its easy to spot and try to restrict or inhibit... Thats the downside of so many plugins using the same url resolver... its almost like its created its own signature which with todays network tools would most certainly be spotted... Writing a resolver can be a real pain and in some cases i think at times maybe outside the skillset or comfort zone some of the plug-in creators have so its easier and acceptable to sub that part out to the common one floating around... don't get me wrong as i'm not against it just trying to point out how it kinda creates a target thats not all that difficult to spot...

With that in mind i think as more ISP's see big Government turning to creating or changing laws reqarding streaming it will get worse out in the general public which is maybe why for some people in some areas things seem to be still working great while for others its gone down... Some ISP's seem to be more pro-active prior to laws actually changing so there not playing catch-up when they actually do... Bell and Rogers up here have been messing with things in some areas of the country now for awhile...

broknsymetry

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 05:26:54 pm »
I can't download anything from Covenant. I've set up download folders, done that playback thing that I needed to do, all that stuff. When I click download, it says "No Stream Available" even though I've checked to make sure that the stream is working? Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Since you are able to play streams I don't think blocking is your issue.  Does this happen to all sources?  I have noticed this behavior with certain providers, sometimes being persistent and trying multiple times with the same source will eventually work, sometimes not and then I must move on to another source.

Aussiebec

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 12:18:16 am »
I partially have the same problem and Iím new to the forum so tell me if a need to create a new post.

I can download tv shows but not movies. I do get every 2nd or 4th no stream available but just try another provider.
Why can you do one and not the other.
Iím on a android device up to date kodi and covenant have a VPN

Aussiebec

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 12:56:38 am »
Ok I knew as soon as I posted the question and after weeks of searching via the dreaded google Iíd find the solution 😐
I found this in covenant addon discussion thread post 73.

EDIT: One other thing I just noticed as well. You may need to change a Kodi setting. Open Kodi's settings, select Media Settings, select Videos, set "Default Select Action: to CHOOSE.

I had to remove any saved favourites and re add them. Works like a charm now.
Should of looked here first as this is the only time Iíve read that tip.