KodiTips Forums

Smash/repos issue

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Smash/repos issue
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:36:54 pm »
File manager is installed correctly for mediarepos and for Fusion

When I go to install from zip all 3 files appear, when I install them nothing happens. Acts like it is going through correct install steps but then nothing actually installs. (No message of success or failure appears)

Any suggestions

Also, added fusion tvaddons.co and when I go to repository entry only 2 repos show as opposed to the 10+ that are there...

Any thoughts or ways to resolve would be appreciated.

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Smash/repos issue
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 12:19:15 am »
File manager is installed correctly for mediarepos and for Fusion

When I go to install from zip all 3 files appear, when I install them nothing happens. Acts like it is going through correct install steps but then nothing actually installs. (No message of success or failure appears)

Any suggestions

Also, added fusion tvaddons.co and when I go to repository entry only 2 repos show as opposed to the 10+ that are there...

Any thoughts or ways to resolve would be appreciated.
What add-ons are you trying to install? Tvaddons is not what it used to be.  Smash repo is basically just a hub of other repos and their add-ons.

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:54:58 am »
I am trying to just install smash wizard, once I go through all the steps and I go to install from zip. I see the 3 choices I would expect to see but then I when I highlight the wizard repo, click okay. It goes back to install from zip screen (as expected) but nothing happens the wizard does not install.

All Tvaddons Fusion is great as long as you go to the tvaddons.co.... Stay away from tvaddons.ag (22 repos) fusion.tvaddons.co/kodi-repos/english/

ANy help to why the wizard isn't installing would be great...

Another example is after I go to install from zip to tvaddons.co... I only see 2 possible zip files but there are 22 zips available on the server...

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 01:12:26 am »
Hm. I don't use wizards so I'm not 100% sure. Sounds like it just isn't downloading. Have you tried any other repos or just those two?

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 02:08:34 am »
When I try to go to video --> addons --> Get More--> none show... it is almost like they are hidden... I know the links are typed correctly.

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 02:49:07 am »
Are u on Jarvis or krypton?
In krypton. Click the little package and click install from zip or repo

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:12:27 am »
Yes, I am doing that. Then nothing happens.. It doesn't actually install.. That is my issue, that I am trying to solve.

flhthemi

• +11/-2
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 10:25:11 am »
Maybe you have done this but if not...

Open the Kodi File manager and add a source use this as the URL http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff/ Give it a name, it can be any name you want. Save it

close filemanager
open addon manager
Install from zip
Choose the source you added
you should see the wizard there

Or you can simply go to the link provided above and click on the wizard .zip file and it should download and then you can use install from Zip to install it.

matt1313

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • TurtlesTV
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 11:55:25 am »
I'm facing issue with multiple repos this morning. No idea why

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »

Open the Kodi File manager and add a source use this as the URL http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff/ Give it a name, it can be any name you want. Save it

close filemanager
open addon manager
Install from zip

Or you can simply go to the link provided above and click on the wizard .zip file and it should download and then you can use install from Zip to install it.

Done all of this and I can see the wizard... Once I have clicked the wizard nothing happens... Kodi does exactly what I am expecting after clicking on it.. (Returns back to add to source screen).. But nothing actual installs.

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 12:31:41 pm »

close filemanager
open addon manager
Install from zip

Done all of this and I can see the wizard... Once I have clicked the wizard nothing happens... Kodi does exactly what I am expecting after clicking on it.. (Returns back to add to source screen).. But nothing actual installs.

have you enabled installing from unknown sources?

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 12:39:00 pm »
Using an older version of Kodi. Not an option to change... The device is too old to upgrade to latest Kodi.. I do not believe that this should be an issue since it is not an option to turn on or off in Kodi.

close filemanager
open addon manager
Install from zip

have you enabled installing from unknown sources?

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 12:42:05 pm »
what version are you using?
the addons may not even be compatible

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 01:50:24 pm »
If I hadn't already installed it on the exact same type of box with the same versions of the software.I would agree but since I have done it and can continue to do it on a different box. I am unsure what else it could be.

what version are you using?
the addons may not even be compatible

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 01:53:26 pm »
well what version is it?
any reason why not to update?

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 05:02:04 pm »
Quote "then I when I highlight the wizard repo, click okay. It goes back to install from zip screen (as expected) but nothing happens the wizard does not install."

If what you wrote there is correct, you have installed the wizard repository. Now you need to click on install from repository and choose the wizard repository and install the wizard itself.

oltug10

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 05:07:26 pm »
Yes, that is what I am doing it is when I install the wizard itself that nothing happens.

Steps completed and the incomplete step is underlined in bold:

Open Kodi
Select SYSTEM (or settings depending on the skin)
Select File Manager
Select Add Source
Select None, type the following EXACTLY http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff and select Done
Highlight the box underneath marked enter a name for this media source & type kodistuff and click OK
Go back to your home screen
Select SYSTEM (or settings depending on the skin)
Select Add-Ons
Select Install from Zip File
Select kodistuff
Select Smashwizard.zip
This does not happen... other than the waiting part  --> Wait for the Add-on enabled notification

Quote "then I when I highlight the wizard repo, click okay. It goes back to install from zip screen (as expected) but nothing happens the wizard does not install."

If what you wrote there is correct, you have installed the wizard repository. Now you need to click on install from repository and choose the wizard repository and install the wizard itself.

TonyH

• +40/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 05:12:39 pm »
Not sure since I'm at work atm, but the wizard was updated today..
https://twitter.com/xsmashx88x/status/910048212114911232

What are you trying to do with the wizard by the way? I've never used it
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:16:09 pm by TonyH »

Reesie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 05:03:26 pm »