KodiTips Forums

Covenant - perpetual loading disk

juicepusher

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Covenant - perpetual loading disk
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:51:02 pm »
Hi,

after browsing for days already, I have finally decided to sign up in order to maybe describe my problem better here than in google. I have been using Covenant for a while, and for some time everything worked fine. I'm running it on a fire tv stick, with Kodi 17.4 and currently Covenant 1.1.16. I am signed into Trakt.
A while ago, however, I could not go beyond the 3rd menu (ie. not into "2017" after having chosen "movies">"year"). It just displays the loading rings and stays there. Same for any sub menu, both for movies and shows.
Resetting the Stick and reinstalling everything did fix it briefly, but after a day it went back to nothing.
I am out of possible solutions, so most welcome at any hints or pointers. Thanks!

flhthemi

• +10/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
Re: Covenant - perpetual loading disk
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 11:04:48 am »
Try opening Covenant
Select Tools
Select COVENANT:Clear Cache

See if that fixes it.

juicepusher

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 03:09:07 pm »
thank you for your reply. I tried that last night already and it hasn't led to any noticeable changes.

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:41:04 pm »
Your might want to take alook at Kodi's log and see if theres any clues... sometimes ive seen some plug-ins that seem to get stuck in closing the databases properly so they sit and spin... if it gets real bad it will crash and kick you but that usually means something corrupted has been commited to the db file... either way check the log and see if theres any clues...

juicepusher

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 03:32:53 am »
Hi,

I have no experience in reading log files, so I dont know whether anything stands out here:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25605457/