KodiTips Forums

Kodi updated now it wont work

MKMAC69

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Kodi updated now it wont work
« on: June 21, 2017, 04:47:10 pm »
Last night I went to watch TV and the screen was black and had some design on it that said KODi v16.1 - Jarvis with a bar across the bottom and said preparing for the first run, please wait. I assume it was an update as I have never seen it before, nothing has changed I haven't installed anything new. Any ideas what's happened? TIA
I should add that the home page comes up, I can click EXODUS I can click search and type a show or movie in but then it spins "working" quickly and stops doing nothing after that so maybe more of an Exodus issue than KODI?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:48:58 pm by MKMAC69 »

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
Re: Kodi updated now it wont work
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 04:48:18 pm »
that's the startup screen...

MKMAC69

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:48:49 pm »
umm no, thanks for that tho.. I came in from work tonight and the bloody app is gone completely. No trace of it. Cant readd because Fushion says it cant connect to the network which was never a problem before.

Anyone actually have an answer?

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »
umm no, thanks for that tho.. I came in from work tonight and the bloody app is gone completely. No trace of it. Cant readd because Fushion says it cant connect to the network which was never a problem before.

Anyone actually have an answer?
ok relax.
Fusion is dead and gone for the time being so we can start with that. Depending on how many addons you use, it may be best to clear out kodi and start fresh. You will have to add the new sources for each addon either way.
Exodus is now on version 3.1.19 also, so having that version will be a good start point for troubleshooting that addon.
Sorry if i came across rude. If there is more i can help with, i will.

MKMAC69

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 12:11:13 pm »
Thank you. I have discovered this morning that fushion is dead thanks to a guy on youtube.. I have 2 android boxes one was working great then this update happened and as I said it removed the Exodus app totally. The second box was a gift and it has no exodus on it at all. I did find Fushion but your right its dead. both boxes give me this message when I try to do pretty much anything in terms of adding "couldnt retrieve directory information, could be due to network not being connected would you like to add anyways?" I said NO. I have confirmed I am getting Internet on both boxes. |The 1st box i have has a bunch of addons but honestly I am home so little I barely use any of it other than exodus. the newest box as i said came from i dont know exactly but its empty other than apps like netflix, google play, youtube. Clearing out Kodi and restaring may be beyond my ability unless you have a set of instructions i can follow. I believe both boxes are Kodi 16.1

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 12:20:56 pm »
Thank you. I have discovered this morning that fushion is dead thanks to a guy on youtube.. I have 2 android boxes one was working great then this update happened and as I said it removed the Exodus app totally. The second box was a gift and it has no exodus on it at all. I did find Fushion but your right its dead. both boxes give me this message when I try to do pretty much anything in terms of adding "couldnt retrieve directory information, could be due to network not being connected would you like to add anyways?" I said NO. I have confirmed I am getting Internet on both boxes. |The 1st box i have has a bunch of addons but honestly I am home so little I barely use any of it other than exodus. the newest box as i said came from i dont know exactly but its empty other than apps like netflix, google play, youtube. Clearing out Kodi and restaring may be beyond my ability unless you have a set of instructions i can follow. I believe both boxes are Kodi 16.1
ok im going to link you to a few guides to get exodus and other addons installed.
Follow the step by step and you should be able to get it down.
http://koditips.com/exodus-kodi-addon-lambda-install-guide/
http://noobsandnerds.com/latest/?p=3163

the first link will get you exodus installed and up to date and also gives you the choice of installing SALTS, which is another great addon.
The second is for a popular repository which has multiple addons you may like, Elysium is my favorite from them.

Let me know if you need more help.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:24:46 pm by hatrix »

MKMAC69

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:51:01 pm »
Ok Thanks so much! I was told a few minutes ago that none of that is working right now because they are offline. Is there truth to that and if so should I wait on the reinstall?

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 02:55:44 pm »
Ok Thanks so much! I was told a few minutes ago that none of that is working right now because they are offline. Is there truth to that and if so should I wait on the reinstall?

I just tested both repos. they should work.

hatrix

• +19/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 02:57:45 pm »
if for some reason you can't get the exodus repo to install, here is an alternate method
http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-exodus-on-kodi/

MKMAC69

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 08:26:03 pm »
I finally got time to try the links you sent me, The first one didnt work for me, I tried the noobs and nerds and honestly im not sure if it did lol my Primewire is working but still no exodus. I will try the other box tomorrow. Thanks =)