KodiTips Forums

Remote Suggestions?

Scosta95

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Remote Suggestions?
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:44:43 am »
For my android box connected to my TV, Iím forced to navigate and ďtypeĒ by selecting each individual letter with arrow buttons. This is largely frustrating and time consuming - so what has everyone here done to make this process easier? Do you use a Bluetooth keyboard? Do you have a remote with a keyboard attached? Iím open to all suggestions!

Iggs

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:29:39 pm »
For one of my boxes I use a wireless keyboard that has a touch pad and that works quite well.  I paid about $25.00 for this a couple of years ago.

You can also install the Kore app onto a phone or tablet; this is a remote made just for Kodi.  Still not a keypad but may be better than the remote that came with your box.

If the typing youíre doing is to download the .zip files you can always download the .zip files to your computer, and then instead of going into File Manager and adding a new source, just go directly to Install from zip file, and scroll down and choose the appropriate network link back to your computer and choose the folder where you saved all your .zip files.   You could also move the zip files to a thumb drive and choose them from there, as long as your android box can mount/read the usb thumb drive.  No typing at all, just up and down and click.

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:01:17 pm »

flhthemi

• +10/-0
  • FLHT = Harley Davidson HEMI = Dodge Challenger SRT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:12:56 pm »
FLIRC a USB dongle that is programmed on a PC for just about any IR remote. Once programmed you transfer it to your device. Some remotes have keypads ;) You may have an unused remote laying about from a VCR or old DVD player that could be used.

On the rare instance I need a keyboard I just plug in a physical one.