KodiTips Forums

Ouya Box

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ouya Box
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:48:30 am »
Good Morning,
I currently have an Ouya Box I use for streaming etc. I have Kodi on it and was using Exodus as a stream. I am understand that Exodus has been not working and I need help please and unfortunately require pretty much step by step help.
I don't know whether to factory reset and start over or is there a repair out there for the Kodi.
I do have Royal Wedding Alluc and several other add-ons that I did load on..
Did I perhaps overload the box or did I just not do something right.
For the most part everything starts but trying to stream movies tv shows etc. have become a nightmare.
I really need help please.
Many thanks in advance,
Stumpy
P.S.
I just had back surgery 2 weeks ago and am destined to my house and limited movement and the Ouya has been the only thimg helping me to keep sane as I used to be able to watch movies or tv shows all the time.

P.P.S
Can some one please help.
I recently factory reset the Ouya box today. It started up no problem it downloaded XBMC....no problem........BUT..........it will not accept a source eg. fusion......mashup....etc.. it is saying caould not retrieve directory information.....my internet is up and running with no issues...........somebody  please help
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:59:14 pm by Stumpyndrew1 »

Kruncy

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Ouya Box
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:32:26 pm »
Have you set Kodi to Allow Unknown Sources?

Find it at System > System > Addons

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:09:06 am »
Have you set Kodi to Allow Unknown Sources?

Find it at System > System > Addons
yes sir/maam
I have been to fusion,Ares Wizard and a couple of other sources. The box is saying it is connected to the internet but it will not download any sources. I have factory reset it a couple of time and it still is doing the same thing
I am at a loss.
Stumpy

Buzz Marshall

• +29/-2
  • Puff, Puff, Pass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:48:38 am »
its been along time since i messed with one and personally i didn't think they were really used anymore as the ones that were supporting it i thought had moved on...

what version of Android is on it as that may be part of the issue as the last time i looked it was stuck way back on jellybean but there were rumors of Alibaba buying up the box but i stopped following it about then...

I mention the Android version only because i know a lot of the kodi systems are now starting to get kinda picky about old os's and running the most current kodi and related software...

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 12:04:20 pm »
you could possibly give spmc a shot?

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:28:39 pm »
Thank you I will try it I'm an old boy so my internet skills are limited and I tend not to read ALL of the instructions.LOL. I just wouldn't know how to get the spmc to the ouya box.

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 12:30:16 pm »
Thank you I will try it I'm an old boy so my internet skills are limited and I tend not to read ALL of the instructions.LOL. I just wouldn't know how to get the spmc to the ouya box.
is there web browser on the ouya?
im not familiar with the ouya at all.
what android version does it run?

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 12:30:54 pm »
Yes that is on. It will not accept the fusion source the Ares source even the noobs and nerds source.

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »
Yes there is and I am still trying to find the Android version. And I will look for the web browser.

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 12:35:29 pm »
Yes there is and I am still trying to find the Android version. And I will look for the web browser.
you should be able to get spmc through the web browser.
also android version would be listed in setting>about , or something like that.

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 01:16:53 pm »
operating system is a Linux

hatrix

• +29/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 01:21:54 pm »
ok i did some research and it looks like the ouya runs on Jellybean 4.1 android.
Apparently it is incompatible with kodi. A quick google search gives guides to upgrade the firmware with a mod up to 4.4 kitkat. As i said before your best bet now may be to move to spmc or another kodi fork that supports your device.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_CyanogenMod_on_OUYA

Stumpyndrew1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 01:41:53 pm »
Okay Thanks so much for your help I will give it a shot or Maybe time just to keep up with the times!!!!.
Cheers