KodiTips Forums

New Fire Stick

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
New Fire Stick
« on: September 27, 2017, 03:57:29 pm »
Ok guys, I learned a lot from this site. I want to test myself and add Kodi onto a brand new fire stick and then proceed to add the add-ons. Any hints/Tips/Suggestions? Do I HAVE to add a build or can I just add Kodi and then add-ons? Are there  some things that I SHOULD have like FM4Tester?

TonyH

• +35/-3
  • You have a 50-50 chance if you follow my advice 😂
    • View Profile
Re: New Fire Stick
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 04:12:50 pm »
Just install kodi and then pick the addons you want to install is the best way in my opinion. You should not need to install dependencies manually. They should install when needed with the appropriate addon. Then you can start messing around with different skins and make your kodi setup uniquely yours! If your really into learning stuff you can even make your own wizard using a template and following some videos.

TonyH

• +35/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:21:02 pm »
I would also recommend installing super favorites, it's really helpful when you start skinning. I personally like using the metalliq addon from noobs and nerds. Check it out

P.S. When you finish installing kodi and it asks you to save or delete the install file, I would definitely delete it to save room since your on a fire stick
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:23:29 pm by TonyH »

hatrix

• +25/-0
  • I'm the captain now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 05:06:55 pm »
get "downloader" from the appstore to install kodi. it's the easiest way, and plug this link in
https://kodi.tv/download
get the arm32v7 for android.

once you've got it installed first thing is to make sure you turn on unknown sources in kodi.
The easiest repos to add through source manager are ares and noobsandnerds. Since it's the firestick and you can't manually download zip files, you can  always use the ares wizard to get the colossus repo or any others you may need.

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »
Thanks Guys!

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 11:50:32 am »
So I did it.....wow....proud of myself. Now I'm REALLY disturbed that people are paying...well that people are CHARGING $125 for this.

TonyH

• +35/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 02:52:57 pm »
Good job, glad to hear you got it going!

dada

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 09:50:36 am »
Good job, glad to hear you got it going!
Thanks!. This site is very helpful and informative.